CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

I have just gotten started with webCoRE and I’m trying to figure out a problem I’m having with my thermostat control. For some reason, the set cool is adding degrees whenever it sets. For example, my main floor will be 79 instead of 76. I’m at a loss for what could be causing it because the logging appears to send the correct number for the setpoint. Any advice?

I want to set it up to speak set messages on certain dates for birthdays and holidays etc;

AC 101 will avoid setting the cool and heat setpoints closer than 3-5 degrees. You cannot have both set at the same or very close because you would have the HVAC constantly battle between cool and heat.

Understood but I’m not in auto mode ever. I specifically set the cool or heat mode based on our needs because I work from home and I don’t want it switching from heat to cool unless I’m asking for it. And, it still doesn’t explain why the set point is being set incorrectly. I’ve also been playing with the numbers a lot to try and figure out why it was being set inconsistently.

Is it a sonos?

Is it a plane?

FYI, I figured it out. Trane thermostat and this is in the instructions:

The setpoints will push each other if they are adjusted to within the minimum heat/cool separation setting. This is normally 3 degrees.

Yes, that is normal behavior with most thermostats. You adjust one setpoint too close to the other, the other gets pushed. That’s what I meant with my initial post, although I guess I wasn’t too clear :slight_smile:

Here, I thought you were just telling me that I’m an idiot :wink: Thanks for the advice.

I need help not sure im doing this right but.

I want to when either phone is present and its between sunset and sunrise, I want my outside light to turn on, but my alarm comes on at 11pm automatically, i want it to turn it off if it after 11pm unlock the doors and when i open my door or garage the outside lights wait five min before turning off, i also want when i open either doors my hall lights comes on… can anyone help me with that? I also want after a few min my door locks any hel please. this is what i have so far…

Hello All,
I am in need of a bit of assistance with a piston i have using presence to change ST mode.

I have tried setting this up now three different ways, in (and if) ,(or if) and basic in expert mode.
No mater what i try the condition to change the ST to night mode will not run but the others do.

Any insight as to what i am missing is appreciated. Please see below screen shot of my current basic config.

Much thanks

Hello SDBG,
Use Variables.
i was having a same scenario and some of the guys helped me out.
Start reading this post and the following one this should guide you. might need to tweek it a bit though
goodluck

Hello Astof,
See my post below … im having trouble with it but you can reproduce the presence settings for yours.
if you use the “Any” it will wait until the last person leaves to arm the system so if a person is at home it will not arm.
If you use “Each” both presence sensor need to be away then it will arm the system.
hopefully this helps.

I have found a few headless pistions (just like we has with RuleMachine) lately. I cannot safe when I try to click done on a piston or on the Core app I get an error saying “There was a problem processing your request. Please Try Again” and get this in the ide

there is a way to rebuild the pistons, try that in the main CoRE app.

I have done that a couple times but I wonder if it is not doing anything because for whatever reason I am getting the error posted above. I’ve been running core since beta and it’s been doing great until the past few weeks my whole system is slow and missing triggers

I went through my pistons one by one and ran the rebuild. When I run the one in the main app it deletes the head on my pistons.I am still not working. As an example The motion sensor in my bedroom will trigger in ST but the piston does not fire unless I go into the piston and click Simulate.

any help would be appreciated. These have been working without issue for a long time and started about 3 or 4 weeks ago acting up on occasion.

Having a problem pulling weather data. On any Piston that uses weather, everything comes up a false. Simple piston: if temperature is less than 100F turn on light. Just added Accuweather and still nothing. Seemed to be working on Friday. I did the updates. Did I break something.

This stopped working after the updates too

It did work on the 1st attempt but it spoke a phrase that is not on this list Said “welcome to the machine” which is a line in a similar piston that is/was running (Same piston layout using different sensors)

Samsung R1

Do another update, there was a bug in yesterday’s update which got fixed using the same version number