CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Well I guess I am SOL until someone else can figure out what is going wrong

So I am looking at the varibles that the weather sends and so far here is what is will provide with the setup for a variable

1. Provides output for Temp, Humidity, Dew Point, Feels like, Pressure,
  2. No Output - UV, Wind, Wind Gust

I guess I could go through them all but not sure why this is. Maybe it is a string and not a number
no tried that and does not work. Can someone else try this and see if you can get a variable for wind PLEASE. Here are the attributes that are found in this device handler. As you can see the ones missing are the ones that dont have output at all

lluminance: 10000
temperature: 66 F
humidity: 27 %
localSunrise: 6:45 AM
localSunset: 5:54 PM
city: Albuquerque, NM
timeZoneOffset: -0700
weather: Clear
water: false
weatherIcon: clear
forecastIcon: clear
feelsLike: 66 F
percentPrecip: 0 %
percentPrecipToday: 0.00 in.
percentPrecipLastHour: -999.00 in.
alert: Fire Weather Warning
alertKeys: [“FIR1487712120”]
dewpoint: 31 F
pressure: 30.10 inches (Falling)
solarradiation: –
visibility: 10.0 mi.

I’ll say that I just really noticed that when I set the timer to run the TTS I get an error in the app, it still continues, and then says automating, but of course never runs. Any way to find the error in the logs? Which area would I check?

Under the tasks you need to enable the task cancellation policy. Set it to cancel on piston or condition state change. That will cancel the task if the piston or condition changes. So when the door is closed that will cancel the task.

@whsbb99

This means you are saying do the opposite of this. So if you’re condition is:
(Normal - this will turn the light on when the door is open)
If
front door is open
Then
Turn on light

(Negated - this will turn the light on when the door is not open)
If
!front door is open (notice the explanation point)
Then
Turn on light

same thing for Nest Weather, which uses WeatherUnderground station readings - uvindex, wind and windgusts are all 0, though they are declared as String attributes

eibyer has a fix somehow. He is able to see windspeed. I am going to get the handler and see what the difference is

Also how can the app have all the correct information but it just cant set the attribute to pass. Does not make any sense. I mean the weather app gives all the information that it can but 5 attributes can’t be passed

I don’t think any of those 3 are attributes though
 They are prefixed with a “house” (or whatever that icon means - are those actually functions/methods?) icon
 The only “true” attributes for Nest Weather are humidity, illuminance and temperature.

well I can pull all attributes but Wind, Windspeed, direction and UV. Everything else can be pulled and thrown int an attribute. If you look at the Smart weather tile device that show in there as attributes. The other once you mention, in the SW, are categories.

I am having a strange problem. I’ve been using CORE successfully for a while and have been very impressed with the flexibility and effectiveness.

Recently I seem to have lost the ability to creat. Ew pistons. When I try to do this, the UI pauses briefly and nothing happens.

Any advice welcome.

Simon

Check if you’re on the latest version.
def version() { return “v0.3.169.20170104” }

Added the following lines to the Smartweather app and now works like a champ thanks to eibyer

send(name: "wind", value: Math.round(obs.wind_mph) as String, unit: "MPH") // Added
	send(name: "wind_gust_mph", value: Math.round(obs.wind_gust_mph) as String, unit: "MPH") // Added
    send(name: "wind_degrees", value: Math.round(obs.wind_degrees) as String, unit: " Deg") // Added

send(name: “UV”, value: Math.round(obs.UV) as String, unit: " ") // Added

Trying to create a piston in a certain way and can’t quite figure out the settings.
What I want to do:

If A or if B then turn light ON
If C or if D then turn light OFF

I can do that with 2 pistons, but would think I could do it with just one.

The reason I am using CORE rather than Smart Lighting is I want to restrict
the piston based on another switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

How about a latching piston

IF A or B Using light...   > Turn On

BUT IF
C or D Using light...   > Turn Off
1 Like

Hello,
Would you be able to share the exact steps and selections (Capabilities, Conditions etc) you used to setup this Piston for Kodi?

Thanks in advance!

Hello I was wondering if somebody could explain the different commands pipes for actions within CoRE such as what “poll” and “refresh” does?

Finally figured it out. I used an or-if with 2 conditions on each part.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

I think the problem with or-if will be that C/D condition will never trigger if A/B is true.

XBOHDPuKC, That will never happen. A, B, C, D are all times. Unless I enter the wrong value then there should never be a conflict. But with my fat fingers I guess it could happen :smile:

Here is the piston that I have setup for dimming the lights (hue bulbs) when watching TV. Sorry, I tried to take a picture from the dashboard using my iphone but it just wouldn’t copy to my pictures. So here is the copy paste:

Watch TV
Else-If v0.3.169.20170104 v0.2.14c.20160908 Wed, Sep 21 2016 @ 7:09 PM EDT Tue, Feb 14 2017 @ 9:14 PM EST
IF
◩ BasementXBMC status is playing
THEN

Using Bottom of Stairs, Desk, Stairs, TV Room and Table Light

â–ș Set color to "Dark Blue"
â–ș Fade level from (not set)% to 5% in 6s
â–ș Set location mode to 'Movie’
ELSE IF
◩ BasementXBMC status is paused
THEN

Using Bottom of Stairs, Desk, Stairs, TV Room and Table Light

â–ș Fade level from 5% to 70% in 8s