CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Would love to but I don’t see that as an optionZ are you using ecobee Connect and that device handler?

Yes, I’m using Sean’s connect app and handlers.

Do you have Expert Mode turned on in you CoRE settings?

I now have a piston which didn’t fire as expected so I assume this is what you’re referring to.

I’m guessing that the next time I hit the 3 hour recovery timer, it will be triggered.

So what is this “known issue”? Is it something that happens frequently? Now I’m concerned that I can’t count on CoRE to run things when I have them scheduled.

Yes I am using expert mode.

Is there a CoRE function that is comparable to a FOR-EACH type of action?

I want to check the state of all of my Hue lights, and for each one… if it is capable of changing color temperature and is turned on, then change the temperature to a global variable. Otherwise do nothing and go to the next light.

Hmmmm … you might want to check if you installed the Ecobee(Connect) and handlers correctly. There is one app (the Connect app) and two handlers (one for the thermostat and one for the sensors) that need to be installed. See the first link in the first post, [Release] Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps, for installation instructions.

I have the smart app and two DH. I only see that I can add the Thermo in the connect app.

I was missing the OAuth part. So that fixed the issue.

1 Like

I don’t think what you want is possible…yet. There is an advanced set level available (set level if light is on) which would adjust the level for all on lights. Same is not available for setColorTemperature. It may be an option in the future, but right now I can’t add anything to CoRE as we’ve reached max code size. ST is working on helping us out, but until they make the necessary changes (coming this month), we can’t do anything. Sorry

PS Adding an advanced set color temperature similar to the setLevel is trivial once the code size issue is addressed.

Is the garage vehicle door a sensor that is attached to your car? Also have you tried the but if with switch is off and door is closed?

Ahhh… I see. Hopefully they’ll expand it for you. That would be awesome if we could treat all lights as a collection, and then go through that collection and only acting on the lights that are on.

Awesome work on CoRE! It opens up unlimited possibilities with ST, and I haven’t even scratched the surface. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ady624

What happens if I set the color temperature for all lights (load attribute from global variable), whether they are on or off? Will the ones that are off remain off, but use the new color the next time they are turned on?

Depends on the DTH and/or the device firmware implementation. Trial and error, I don’t know the answer to that question :wink:

How can I set up CoRE to look at any groups of devices and if the reported state is not on send me a Push notification which tells me which device is not on?

Enable expert mode, then use a condition on all needed devices, and in the condition page scroll down to find the save matching list to variable or the non-matching list depending on your needs. Then use an action to send a notification and use { } around the variable name you chose during the condition setup. You get to name your variable however you want.

For example:

IF
   Any of Contact sensors 1, 2, 3, and 4 is open (save matching list to variable deviceList)
THEN
   Using location...
      > Send notification "The {deviceList} is/are open"
1 Like

I just tested the load color temp on all of my Hue lights, and with the stock DTH it turns them on if they are off. Bummer.

But… could something like you posted above for the other user be used to only set the temp if the light is on?

Is there any way to replace characters in a variable? I need to replace spaces with %20 in a variable that’s being passed in from IFTTT Maker.

Thanks. Had to enable expert mode to see that. Very helpful.

1 Like

Hi all, really loving CoRE at the moment. Hopefully a simple question:

Is it possible to focus CoRE right in on the power state of light bulbs (i.e. whether they’re powered)?

I have two things I want to do:

1. Trigger an action specifically when a bulb is powered on. My bathroom light switch also triggers the extraction fan, so I can’t really leave the bulb powered all the time. When it’s powered on at night I’d like it to be set to a different level to when it’s powered on during the day. I’ve tried this with CoRE and nothing seems to trigger when I turn the bulb on.

2. Trigger an action only when the bulb is powered off. I have some bulbs that should always be powered on, but I’ve yet to remove or blank the physical switch. I’d like to get push notifications if me or the wife accidentally hit the switch, but everything I’ve tried so far also fires when the bulb is set to level 0%.

Any ideas appreciated! Sorry in advance for not browsing through all 5.5k posts! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about #2 since my bulbs seem to automatically power-off when the level is set to 0%, but for #1, you should be able to create a trigger like:

"Bulb Name"
changes to
on

Hi

I’m hoping somebody can assist with my Push Notification piston.

I have a piston setup that pushes a notification to my phone when the smart plug in my garage turns on or off (to let me know the dehumidifier has turned on/off).

This works great, but it also sends the push notification to my wife’s phone as her phone is registered and has the app installed. She has no interest in this particular alert, so I was wondering if there is a way to limit which devices get the notification pushed to? I can’t see the option anywhere.

Thanks