CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Here is the one i’m trying to figure out. I have the hue dimmer switch and added it to smartthings with
[ALPHA] Hue Dimmer Switch (ZHA)

What i’m trying to do it trigger kitchen lights to turn on when button 1 is pressed and turn off when button 4 is pressed. which piston mode would be used for this and how to i get the 4 different buttons to be an option. When i look at the dimmer switch via things it tells me what button is being pushed.

It sort of works via “smart lighting” but it only sees one button on the switch and toggles on and off by single button presses, and if i turn the light off with google home you have to press button 1 twice to get it to turn the lights back on.

This is what I did… Went back to stock Hue App, and am utilizing simulated switches to accomplish what I need to… The one thing I was going to ask, and I see u mention, is the scenes. I miss having those tied to a switch. How do you accomplish this with Core… I mean I know the basics of how to do it, but how are u capturing the scene?

So, I forgot core had variables :relieved:, the following works:

If
Presence 1 was away for atleast 3 mins
and
Presence 2 was away for atleast 3 mins
then
Set Variable Away = 1
Or if
{
{Presence 1 is present
and Presence 2 changes to Present}
or
{Presence 2 is Present
and Presence 1 changes to Present}
and
Variable Away = 1
and
Garage Door is Closed
}
Then
Open Garage Door
Beep Presence Sensor 1 and Presence Sensor 2
Set Variable Away = 0

2 Likes

I would like to have a PlexPlus “room” run if the hours are between 8pm and 2am. I can’t seem to find where I can pull in PlexPlus. It worked under rule machine so I figured CoRE would also work?

How can I set a notification timer the FIRST time something happens, not the second or third?
The first time a plug goes above 20W,
Using plug,
Wait x hours,
Send notification.
? ? ?
At the moment each time the plug goes above xWatts the timer is restarting.
Can anyone help?

Blink Video Length

Blink now allows you to set video lengths up to 60 seconds but I get an error in CoRE when trying to set the video length beyond 10 seconds. Is this a limitation of CoRE?

Thanks.

What’s the best way to do the following using CoRE:

1. When a garage door opens, a text message is sent stating “Garage Door Opened.”
  2. When a garage door closes, a text message is sent stating “Garage Door Closed.”

In RM, I had a separate rule for the “Garage Door Opened” condition and a separate rule for the “Garage Door Closed” condition. I have duplicated this in CoRE (2 pistons), but I’m thinking there is a more advanced way so that I can have a single piston which can use variables to return the state of the garage door sensor on change and can send a text message with that state whenever it changes. I’m just not sure how to do it.

Use the “state change” only option.

Use a latching piston type, in the BUT IF section put the IF Garage Door changes to closed.

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll give it a shot.

I am starting to use Basic Pistons in expert mode with “when true” and “when false” more and more vs Latching Pistons.

Seems easier to do If garage door “changes” to opens
When true, using garage door, send text message…
When false, using garage door, send test message…

Done.

From my experience this works exactly the same as a latching piston but with less steps involved.

What about sending emails through CoRE - is that possible? I see “notifications” and “Push notifications” as options. I’m assuming “Push notifications” is through the ST app. What is “notifications” then?

Notifications just show up under the hamburger menu option in the ST App under notifications. I use this a lot when I want to monitor something but don’t want it sending anything to my phone.

I am not sure if there is an email thingy but I have found text or push notifications to be sufficient.

i currently use my ONHUB router and IFTTT to set my presence when im at home or away , however now i am using smart home monitor there is about a 60 second to 120 second delay in the presence which is causing an issue. I have no problem with this when im leaving however when coming home sometimes i set the alarm off, is there a way to delay this alarm by integrating core?

A little assistance with using Blink cameras and RBoys app:
Im trying to sync my SHM status with the arming and disarming of the Blink cameras.
The way I had it (RBoys app)configured:
ARM/Disarm cameras for specific SHM/Modes
-SHM integration
–When SHM is Away, arm all cameras disarm none.
–WhenSHM is Stay, Arm certain cameras, disarm none
–When SHM is Disarmed, Disarm certain cameras

Nothing else in the “SHM Integration” menu was changed.
Nothing in “Mode based camera configuration” was changed

Retry command on server error is “on”
Switch interface Arms/Disarms system instead of camera" is NOT on. (should this be?)

I verified that this setup did NOT work, today, when I got home. My SHM and Abode were both disarmed, but my cameras were still armed in the Blink app and the ST app.

My setup is Abode for home security, linked to ST via IFTTT. Abode arms and disarms my SHM.

Ideally Id like to have CoRE arm and disarm the Blink camera system, based on the state of my Abode.

I have a couple virtual devices(virt contact sensors) that are used to link Abode to ST:

If I could successfully arm and disarm the blink cameras the same way (via CoRE), that would be fantastic! Id preferably like to modify these 2 pistons to arm and disarm the cameras.

Am I missing anything in the config? Or do I just not understand how it works? Is there a long delay between SHM status change and Blink camera arming/disarming?

Hi Guys-

I need to initialize a global variable with a time value. It’s not particularly clear what the format or data type should be however. When I initialize the variable its created as a string by default.

is a string of the form 08:00 AM sufficient? 08:00 AM PST? Or something else entirely?

Is anyone in here tieing hue scenes to switches? I can’t figure out how the best way to do this is.

So I tried writing it out, but I am not figuring out the best way to put it in the App (which is slow to do, can I build it in a web view?)

IF
(Driveway Camera OR Front Door Camera is inactive)
AND
Garage door is changed to Open
AND
Garage is Closed or Opening
OR IF
(Driveway Camera OR Front Door Camera is inactive)
AND
Front Door is changed to Open
AND
Storm Door is Closed or Changed to Open
OR IF
(Lauren’s Presence Sensor is Arriving OR Brian’s Presence Sensor is Arriving)
THEN
Using Driveway Camera, Front Door Camera
Turn Off
Wait 5 Minutes
Turn Back On
TCP on State Change
—also trying to figure out how to turn back on if the garage or Front door is closed again before the 5 minutes.

@bamarayne or @ady624, any thoughts?

I am looking for a way to have a CoRE query a switch and set another switch to the same dimmer level. My downstairs family room is fairly large so the lights are controlled by two separate switches. One switch controls half the lights while another switch controls the other half. I would like to automate having them both set to the same brightness. Any ideas?

This is the piston, it works there is 2 time restrictions on the 2 level commands for the light. Dim at night bright during the day.

My dilemma is I can not figure out how to capture a switch push (on) once the switch is turned on by CoRE. I would like to override and cancel or disable the whole piston if someone pushes the switch in hopes of keeping the light on.

I could try repositioning the motion sensor so it doesn’t see you before you can flip the switch, but it working well where it’s at.

Is this possible?