CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

You may have to setup a variable or a virtual switch that you have the piston turn on in the first part of the piston. Then in the second part of the piston you can have if the virtual switch is on and the Test contact is closed then turn light off. That way it won’t turn the light off every time the contact is closed.

Hi, I’m sure I’ve tried this but I’ll give it another try.

Hmm actually there is no ‘stays less than’ comparison.

Try this…

IF
 window changes to open
 - Using light
      > Turn on
 - using location
      > set variable Boolean to true

BUT IF
  window contract changes to closed
  AND
  Variable Boolean is true
   - using light
        > turn off
   - using variable Boolean
        > set to false

The light will only turn on if the window is opened and it also sets the Boolean to true. The Boolean will reset when the window is closed.

Use the triggers “changes to” instead of conditions.

Are you sure? I should be towards the bottom. The list is alphabetical BUT it is listed by items that can be evaluated then items the can trigger. So the alphabetical list starts over in the middle. I know, that probably doesn’t make sense. Basically if you haven’t gotten to where the items in the list have a solid large dot next to them you haven’t gone far enough.

Rebuilding the piston worked.

Is that the piston with ‘happens every minute’? If it is, will keep the rebuild in mind for future head-scratcher.

Yes. Happens every minute but only on 00, 15, 30, 45 and hours 10 & 11.

Any one. Bueler?

What are you using to measure the wind?

Setup a piston that records the windows to a variable. Use that variable in a piston as the condition. When the variable reaches a certain limit the piston is true and all of your stuff flies away.

SmartWeather Station Tile 2.0.

I can’t figure out how to get the wind set to a variable.

I tried to test this by subscribing to the Smart Weather wind_gust_mph attribute but am not getting anything, sorry.

Gust is not always reported, look at wind speed as well.

No logs before rebuild?

No, I didi the rebuild before I posted, but I was at work so I couldn’t test until I got home.

If you look in your ST Developer and look at the Events for the Weather to see if it is recording Wind. Mine records windinfo which displays wind speed and gusts. In Core if you choose your weather item then there should be a choice for the wind. Go all the way to the bottom.

Looking for help setting up a delay with cancel.

If Garage is open for longer than 65 minutes send notification but if garage closes then cancel.

If motion occurs turn on light. turn off light 3 minutes after motion stops.

I can’t find a weather item when I am trying to setup a piston. So I select a Basic piston and go to Conditions. I select add a condition and under there I don’t see a Weather Capability. Am I doing this wrong?

You could use Smart Home Monitor and not CoRE.
That is what I use.

Just set it up If Garage door contact is open…

Then
Wait 65 Min
Send Notification
Under the advanced part of the action, set the Task Cancelation policy to cancel on piston state change

Not sure on motion one as I don’t have any motion sensors yet.