CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Thanks, good to know. I use Hue bulbs and also some Osram Lightify’s which go direct into ST. I’m having some trouble at present with the states updating correctly, but I do like your method of detection the state and not executing the task if it’s already on. My (@ady624) version uses the variable approach, although now I’m going to reassess how I should actually handle this use-case…

Logic flow question. Given the following actions:

I expect that the master bedroom will turn on (20%), then, one minute later, the other lights will turn on (20%), then one minute later (two minutes total from sequence start) the master bedroom light will brighten to 100%.

OR

Will the other lights wait a total of 3 minutes before they turn on to 20%?

I guess I’m asking if all actions start their own clock at the same time.

Can someone tell me what I have done wrong with this VERY SIMPLE CoRE - High humidty turn fan on for 25 minutes then turn the fan off…

screen shots here of CoRE, the humidity sensor - depicts humid 55%, device list - no action

First guess is correct. Each action starts its timeline at the same time, you’ll have tasks executing at T+0:00, T+0:01, and T+0:02 minutes.

What mode is your house in? Also, is ST aware the fan is off?

I am in the home mode
sorry forgot to say/screen shot that too

Excellent! That’s what I thought and how I intended it work. Nice to be right once in a while! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would something like this work for you.
You could put in a wait before the turn off.

How long would this run for ? until the humidity reaches 78% in this example?

Normally the humidity is well below 80%.
When the shower is on the humidity goes above 79% pretty quickly and the fan turns on.
When the humidity drops below 80% again (the shower is now off) the fan carries on running for 5 minutes (part of fan configuration, nothing to do with ST) and then it turns off.
As I said, works good for me.
EDIT: The set to 100% is in there as it uses a Fibaro dimmer to turn on the fan and I haven’t got round to changing to config to turn it into a non-dimmer switch. Note to self. Must do that now.

ok - I can play around with the levels. I just don’t want the fan on for a really long duration is all - I don’t have any “fan config” as you do :frowning: Thank for you for helping me out here.

The only thing I did find is that if the level is set too low, and you get a humid day, we had a few of those last week in the UK, then the fan could come on when there is no one in the shower.
This level seems to work OK in my house.

:slight_smile: I was wondering your geo local… that seems REALLY humid to me - I live in the desert … but I will adjust the number accordingly. Thank you Bob.

I recently set up an else-if piston for turning on my led lights to 15% using the fade on (and tried with just turn on ) to 15% but what I find is the device comes on 100%then drops to 15%…
The bad part is whenever Motion is sensed again it goes back to 100% and then back down to 15% …is this a setup issue or a device issue…please forgive me for my ignorance as I have just started using core!..thank you

Pardon my ignorance on this, but how do I do that? My use case is when both of my motion sensors are inactive and the door is open, wait 20 minutes and send a push command. This seems simple, but every time I do that the door closes almost immediately, which lends me to believe I need to reset something.

@bamarayne, mind sharing your piston is you made that change?

When you set it up to fade on to 15%, I think you can set a starting % and ending % and a duration of time to get to the ending %…For example start at 0% and fade to 15% and take 10 seconds to do so.

How does the “Simulate” work?

How do you do the IF, THEN on the ELSE portion??

Under Action, choose begin IF block.

Ahh, thanks. And where is the “Cancel on piston state change” option?