CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

OK Thanks. I wonder if there’s a good technical reason for not having a Z-Wave-like repair tool for Zigbee? :wink:

This is what I got so far let me know if I’m missing anything. The problem is the lights are turning off after 1 minute even though it’s set to turn off after 5 min. The rest of it works good.

All of your actions in the but if section need to be in one action.

Using the lights
      > wait five minutes
      > set variable
      > turn off
1 Like

Ok I’m confused again. How do I do that. I don’t see any options to put them all in one action.

you add an action… Choose your devices.
Then you add a task, then another task, then another and so on.

Scroll down to add a task.

1 Like

Ok I found it and it’s working perfectly now. Thanks to you and everyone in the group that’s helped me with this. I learned something new.

1 Like

Is there a way to cancel queued Turn Off commands?
The scenario here is we are in bed and the bedroom lights are on due to a Latching Piston and there is a Turn Off command in the wings constantly waiting for no movement in 3 minutes; all good.
When I switch the house into night mode all the lights and doors turn off/lock but the one light I leave on is the bedroom light so we can read. Problem is in the next few minutes the Turn Off fires as it’s still in the queue waiting to time out. I then have to turn on the lights again with the Minimote and they stay on due to the Piston excluded mode change. So, can I somehow cancel the Turn Off that is still queued up for this light programatically? Don’t see any commands in CoRE.

New to CoRE here, but really like what I see here. I’ve set up a couple simple rules to monitor my garage door that are working well. Now I’d like to do work with my Nest thermostats. I’m using Nest Manager to set the thermostats to Away and Home based on ST’s Mode changes, which are automated from our cell phone’s presence sensors. That works fine, but I also want to automatically set the Nests back to Home mode at a certain time but only on Mon-Fri to allow the house to heat or cool before we get home from work. When it’s 105 degrees outside, it can take a bit to cool the whole house back to our setpoint.

As a temporary solution, I have a piston to change the ST mode back to Home at 3PM M-F. This works, but I really don’t want to set ST to home unless we’re really home. I just want the Nests to be set to Home. How can I accomplish this?

what about setting up a virtual switch to turn on at 3pm and turn off automatically when you arrive home. Then cue the nest to switch to home when either that switch is on or your home mode changes.

1 Like

I thought about that, but Nest Manager only allows me to Trigger Away with a switch, not home. Not sure why. That’s also double work. I’d hope that I could eliminate the virtual switch and directly control the Nests with CoRE.

Anyone know what values to change within CoRE to change the Nest from Away to Home?

I don’t have a Nest anymore so I can’t test. My concern is will Nest Manager freak out when CoRE sends a change in Cooling Setpoint.

I will try it with my ecobee :slight_smile:

Would something like this work? You can add a condition to check if mode is Away so that it doesn’t do anything when you’re home.

● Trigger happens at 3:00 PM MST, every day, but only if the day of the week is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
00:30:18
THEN…
Using My ecobee3…
► Set cooling point at 78°F
► Send Push notification ‘Changed cooling setpoint to: 78’

Here’s what I have so far. I just don’t know what setting to chose for the nest. Mode for the nest is cool, heat, etc. Setting a set point won’t work either. I’ve also attached screen shots of my nest options.

Hi,

I have occasional problems with osram bulbs randomly switching on. Is less common than in the past but still happens randomly. I can sort of fix this but creating a Piston to detect a light switching on at 100% (it always seems to be at 100%) and then switching it off as I never switch my dimmers to 100.
Problem is I will need a very large number of pistons.
I can easily create a Piston to report the device {$currentEventDevice} that is at 100%. Is there a way to monitor a bunch of lights and create a rule to switch off {$currentEventDevice}?

I can’t figure out a way to do this. Anyone else with a better way than to create over 20 rules?

My guess would be to set it out of Away mode (the Nest) first then set the cooling point. Maybe someone with the same thermostat can chime in. You already have the basics of it set up.

To set nest to Home just use core to set to present(…)

1 Like

Do they all do that at the same time?

Totally random. I’ve been in contact with osram support, it’s something they’re aware of and improving with firmware updates but you feel it’s an uphill battle with Philips hue bridge. The fix works quite well but rather than a shed load of pistons I was hoping to find a way of passing {$currentEventDevice} into another function to switch off the bulb.

See if this will work, totally untested. Select all the bulbs in question…

● Any of Dining Room Lamp, Laundry Room Light or Living Room Lamp level changes to 100%
When true…
Using location…
► Send Push notification ‘Device {$currentEventDevice} just went nuts!’

I’ve already done that. Just need the next stage of switching that bulb off. Any ideas?