CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

hmm, so i cant do a multiple press is what youre saying

1 Like

It’s here with allot of other goodies… http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=CoREnotes#Event_Trigger

Thanks, I’ve scanned that before. Now that I have experience, perhaps it’s time for a more comprehensive read.

1 Like

when and / or why do i use “changes to” vs. “changes to one of” ? this is for presence sensor to execute when leaving

@ady624 @bamarayne

Does anyone know why my Away routine executes immediately after pressing a the VS-Away switch? It should be waiting 5 minutes before executing the ‘Away’ - Correct?
VS (Virtual Switch).

Changes to one of allows multiple selections and is only true when the change happens from a non-selected value to any of the selected value. Similar to “enters range”, but list of values instead of range.

you need to put the execute away in the same action as the wait 5 min.

1 Like

Ah, like this. Nailed it - thanks man.

1 Like

Hi, don’t know if this could help anyone, but here I go.
I have before used Smart Lighting, but there were some things that bothered me alot.
E.g I had many of the following scene:

• Turn on light at 50% when motion and after sunset. Turn off again when no motion for 1 minut.

That worked great, however, if I wanted the light to stay on for a while or needed 100% light I couldn’t. If I manually turned up to 100%, and then got caught in motion sensor, it would then just turn down to 50% etc…

I managed to move everything into CoRE instead with that exact functionallity:

If I change the level then it will nevery automatically turn off the light when no motion - or if I manually turn on the light before there is motion it will also nevery automatically turn off.

Hope someone can use it.

3 Likes

I had the same requirements too. I worked it this way: that if you interrupt using a minimote, then it should cancel. The structure is a little different as I I used @ady624 flip/flop structure.

1 Like

Actually, I think I may prefer your way if I can get my lights to report back their %age quickly enough. That way if they are toggled using a standard, non-smart light switch then they auto go to 100%, and the motion becomes irrelevant. However in that scenario, you have to then switch off using a minimote or something in order to get back to normal operation.

Actually, will this work?

Even if the Or-If happens, and then there is motion in the room, won’t the ‘if’ get tripped again? nothing seems to be preventing that…

If you look closely there is a “Switch Off” restriction that prevents the first IF to get triggered, if I manually turn on the light (or some other piston for that matter).

got it, it’s an elegant solution, thanks - I may use it!

1 Like

@SLKDK

Which bulbs do you use? do they report back quickly enough back to ST when they switched with physical wall switches?

Philips Hue bulbs with Hue Bridge V2.
Haven’t had any issues regarding CoRE pistons not reacting correctly to the state of the bulbs.

(There were an issue with Hue and ST the last days, but it just got fixed.)

Thanks, good to know. I use Hue bulbs and also some Osram Lightify’s which go direct into ST. I’m having some trouble at present with the states updating correctly, but I do like your method of detection the state and not executing the task if it’s already on. My (@ady624) version uses the variable approach, although now I’m going to reassess how I should actually handle this use-case…

Logic flow question. Given the following actions:

I expect that the master bedroom will turn on (20%), then, one minute later, the other lights will turn on (20%), then one minute later (two minutes total from sequence start) the master bedroom light will brighten to 100%.

OR

Will the other lights wait a total of 3 minutes before they turn on to 20%?

I guess I’m asking if all actions start their own clock at the same time.

Can someone tell me what I have done wrong with this VERY SIMPLE CoRE - High humidty turn fan on for 25 minutes then turn the fan off…

screen shots here of CoRE, the humidity sensor - depicts humid 55%, device list - no action

First guess is correct. Each action starts its timeline at the same time, you’ll have tasks executing at T+0:00, T+0:01, and T+0:02 minutes.