CoRE and Piston Rules Engine, first design steps

I’ve modified slightly, got rid of the cancel on piston state change. Had some weird on/off behavior I couldn’t pin down and that seems to have solved it. If you find bugs or a better way, I’m all ears!

1 Like

Yup, same here, ran into similar situation when I first tried to set up, but didn’t get a chance to dig into it, because my system went all crazy on me. Just getting back at it now.

It would be also useful to know when to ‘keep clear of the moors’…early 80’s film reference if anyones wondering :wink:

Or that… I stand corrected.

Would you be able to do a fade to color and fade to level over time action?

In my house, when I wake up the lights automatically turn on to 1%, red. Then I call a hue scene that dims the lights to 100%, yellow over 10 minutes. I was just thinking it would be nice though if CoRE could handle this instead of calling an external scene.

1 Like

@ady624 I’v manage to get the loop running, but only when I use AND IF (in simple mode it didn’t work).

But now I have a new problem. once the loop is running I can’t stop It… even if the condition in changes to false.
I tried play with the Break loop (conditional) option but still nothing…

here is my configuration:

Edit;
OK I’v found my mistake… I configured a different switch in the AND IF section…
But the Loop still doesn’t work for me in SIMPLE mode…

Always torn as to putting the mode restriction in an AND evaluation which muddies the logic a bit or selecting the execution of the mode for the Piston in the top level screen. If it’s in the the logic then it shows up in the Dashboard view so it’s better to debug but if you limit the whole Piston then it doesn’t show up in the Dashboard.
Can the Dashboard view show this as well, maybe at the first line of the Piston before the IF?

I have this:

Although it doesn’t change color every few seconds. Only every two minutes.

1 Like

Okay, the action is only executed once, at the time of evaluation. It SCHEDULES actions based on the loop and wait times, but the action itself RUNS there and then. So doing 100 cycles just to have a light change every 15 seconds may not be the best way to use this. DO NOT ABUSE the loop capability, it has a potential to damage performance. Why not try with a time trigger instead? Mine change colors every 1 minute and it simply uses a trigger on time and a couple of conditions.

This is mine:

1 Like

Yeah, piston restrictions were just published this morning:

v0.0.083.20160610 - Alpha test version - Action “variable” restriction (if )), piston restrictions

I’ll resume working on it tonight. Will update the dashboard too. I prefer throwing new features out so that people can test them, than wait to finish all the polished edges. So, patience is key… :slight_smile:

OK will do.
I only installed CoRE yesterday and I still need to get my head around it…

Thank for your help Adrian.
This app is amazing!

Edit;
@ady624
It will really be grate if there ware a way to add seconds as a trigger…

OK after trying different configurations I settled on this:
It seems to work perfect in this configuration. (aside of the minimum minutes restriction)

Gil :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone got some better recommendations for setting modes?

The top section is just all of our mobile presence sensors.

So obviously if someone is home I want it to then execute the appropriate mode depending on the time as you can see in my screen shot and then do the other stuff as well. I’m also going to add to my then if’s to not re-execute if the mode is currently in the correct mode state. Thank you all for your help with this in advance.

No biggee, just saw them this morning and thought I had been missing them the whole time.

1 Like

I’m on the latest version and I’m not seeing these restrictions. Where are they hidden?

main piston page, after the Else

@ady624 take a break and turn ESPN2 ON…

I thought I was on the latest version but you had actually pushed another update. Need to start looking at the full version number and not just the last part, my bad.

Can someone help me get started down the right road with a new piston? I just got the Osram Lightify Gardenspot set and I want to have them change from whatever color they are set at (let’s say blue) to white when there is motion detected and only come on from time A to time B. What type of piston should I use and how do I set it up?

Can someone explain the difference between the following:
Capture State to global Store
Capture State to local store

What I want to do is, using a Hue Bloom as a notification lamp,
If an event occurs, save the state of the Bloom light (on/off, color, intensity, etc) and display a different color. After the event goes away, then restore the original state (color, etc).

So which do I use?

The store is a hidden pocket where CoRE saves all the information pertaining to your device’s attributes. There are two places where they’re tucked in: the piston itself holds a “local” store, the main app (CoRE) holds a “global” store. When using the local store, the values saved in there are only available to the piston that saved them. When using the global store, all the other pistons gain access to those values. In other words, there’s a local store for each piston plus a global store that’s available to all.

Always use the local store, unless you need inter-piston communication, where several pistons “restore” the same lights and you’d like them to be “in sync”.