CoRE and Piston Rules Engine, first design steps

So C++? :laughing:

Setting modes can be done directly from SmartTiles, if youā€™re using it.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m just being slow but Iā€™m trying to create a piston which will notify me if my garage door has been open for 15, 30 and 60 minutes. Currently it will just start the countdown when the garage door is opened but doesnā€™t stop/reset it once itā€™s closed. What am I doing wrong?!

enable Cancel on piston state change for the action, see Task Cancellation Policy

1 Like

Well, that just makes you the Nth+1 member of the club, then! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Classy! The futureā€™s so bright, I gotta wearā€¦ :sunglasses: Write once, debug everywhere!

@chickwebb

Did you get that mode issue figured out?

For those adventurous enough, try the workflow blocks in Actionsā€¦

v0.0.080.20160610 - Alpha test version - Welcome to CoRE++ - actions are now much smarter, with for, while (not enabled yet), switch and if-else-if blocks

I havenā€™t finished while yet. This may break things. No validation of structure sanity yet, so make sure you write code responsibly. Feedback please.

1 Like

Variable issues again, not sure if its meā€¦from past experience probably is!

The above piston normally has just Jon & Denise presence sensors. Iā€™ve added test presence sensor for testing.

This morning I left and variable @notHome did not populate with Jon. I added test sensor and then set it to ā€˜awayā€™ then variable populated with both Jon and Test Presence sensor.

Denise then left and same thing happened, nothing changed until i altered the test presence sensors presence

Denise arrived home and again variable @home didnā€™t populate and @notHome didnā€™t update and remove Denise until, again test sensor was changed manually.

The Jon & Denise sensors were definitely logged as away/home correctly as i have another piston which sends SMS when sensors arrive and leave

I am on version 080 now, but was on previous version when issues were seen

So if the things I need are in the restrictions then Iā€™ll have to use 2 pistons to have a different weekday and weekend schedule? Canā€™t be done in one piston, can it?

Time trigger
OR
Time trigger
OR
Time trigger
Etc.

Each time trigger has its own restrictions.
So I would create a group in which I would put two time triggers with OR between them, then you can add additional conditions outside the group, if tou have any.

1 Like

I will check that.

1 Like

could you do something like this?

Yep, if you can write it, it should work. Modular structureā€¦

UPDATE: Except maybe for having triggers with AND between them. When using triggers, only ONE trigger is true during any evaluationā€¦ So having several triggers with AND between them wonā€™t yield the expected resultsā€¦

Awesomeā€¦ thanks a milā€¦

How do you enable this? Iā€™m on the latest version, but Iā€™m not seeing the ā€œFORā€ option?

Itā€™s a ā€œtaskā€ā€¦

Thanks, I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t see it before.

Hi all,
I need a little help configure a simple loop pistonā€¦

I canā€™t seem to be able to get it to work,
Here is my configuration:

What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be greatā€¦
Gil :slight_smile:

Let me test that. Pretty new stuff, those loops :slight_smile:
First off, Iā€™d use

IF switch is on
THEN {loop stuff}
ELSE {temp and saturation stuff}

@gilh, you need to be on latest version, v0.0.080 for those to work. I just implemented them last nightā€¦ Theyā€™d look slightly different (FOR 5 CYCLES DOā€¦ LOOP AFTER 30s)

2 Likes