CoRE and Piston Rules Engine, first design steps

My People Management piston: :slight_smile:

The reason the IF has individual actions is simply because I was testing it back then. Never got to move them to the main THENā€¦

2 Likes

So Iā€™m playing around with Global Variables and was wondering if what Iā€™m seeing relates to the list of not done things youā€™ve outlined. Iā€™ve created a Simple Piston and added Variable as a condition. Everything under the Condition #1 is blue but the Condition Overview shows an error.

Thanks @ady624 Works perfectly.

Out of interest what does TCP and TOS mean on dashboard?

I am aware some descriptions are off, but it should work normally. Will fix the descriptions

They are the Task Cancellation Policy and Task Override Scope and they donā€™t show if your action uses default values for them, but this piston was created (and never modified since) way before TOS and TCP were implemented into CoRE, which explains the empty values.

1 Like

But itā€™s not working as expected. I have a separate piston that toggles the global variable from true/false and then the following piston that should send a notification depending on the global variable value.

I never receive the SMS notification and the logs donā€™t show any activity for the second notification piston.

So, at this time you can create and use variables, just not to save/load state, is that correct? Is the ā€œsave/load state from variableā€ functionality what you were suggesting we would be able to use to create groups of lights that track the state of a virtual dimmer/switch?

Global variables donā€™t yet trigger events - the mechanism is missing.

True. I should get all these features up and running this week.

Ok, thanks for your help!

Until then, you can combine it with a time trigger every few minutes?

Time happens every 5 minutes
AND
Variable @ā€¦ Is true

I might do that but Iā€™m really just playing around at this point. At the pace you are going you will probably have the functionality done. My end goal is to be able to fire 1 piston from another.

[quote=ā€œady624, post:2443, topic:46546ā€]
save/load state from variable[/quote] :+1:

You didnā€™t ask, but Iā€™m going to impute a request from your ā€œnot doneā€ list for a suggestion. Have you considered the isPhysical attribute for a switch (to determine if it was physically or programmaticly pressed)? No prob if it canā€™t be done or just doesnā€™t make your cut list.

1 Like

I believe thatā€™s an event property, not an attribute? What attributes does it apply to? Any one? Or is it only switch? Does it mean that someone physically (mechanically) flipped the switch?

Yes, it means that it was actually physically pressed at the switch, not via programming.

Itā€™s a great feature!

3 Likes

I was going to mention @bamarayne, but he beat me to it.

I hate to even reference other SmartApps, because CoRE is incomparable, butā€¦ here are a couple of screenshots of RMā€™s implementation.

1 Like

BAM! RESULT! AWESOME DUDE ā€¦ where is the paypal account???

Lol. What worked now? 'cause something must be wrong :slight_smile:

After being asked by I donā€™t know, 10 people?!?, I added it to the other thread.

This will be fixed in v0.0.061 (not released yet). Something BIG is coming.

3 Likes