Convert IR code to z wave command

(S H) #1

I use Philips pronto remote that I put a lot of time setting it up so that wife can easily use. In the home theater i have a bunch of x10 dimmers to control lighting. However, it is time to move from x10 and I am installing wifi and z wave dimmers controllable by smartthings. However, i still want the ability to have my Pronto remote send an ir code to turn on a smartthing device. So i am looking for an ir to smartthing device. Everything I have googled have been smartthing to ir (ie Harmony home hub) not the other way around. basically i am looking for the smartthing or z wave equivalence of the IR543 for x10.

Changing out of the Pronto remote is not an option.

(Ernie) #2

Maybe something along the lines of what is discussed below. That is an old thread and that particular solution may or may not still work.

(S H) #3

Thanks for the reply, but I am pretty sure that required the use of a harmony remote (he mentioned Harmony API). I need ability to accept (not send) a generic IR signal and turn that to a trigger for Smartthings. It did bring up FLIRC which is not a bad idea.

(Ernie) #4

It did not require a Harmony remote. The setup was to capture ir commands. A harmony remote happened to be used but it could have been any ir remote.