Sorry if this is the wrong location, I’m new to Smart Things.
I’m looking for a way to control some smart lamps on my home theater with a couple caveats.
- I want to retain the ability to turn on / off from a wall switch (kids, wife, etc.)
- I would like to have a remote or tactile device to change color / mood / etc.
- I don’t want to do this through a phone or app. I’m to lazy to turn it on, open the ap, etc. I just want to push a button.
- not interested in talking to my lights. (it’s bad enough I talk to myself)
- I want this integrated in some manner to Smart Things.
My thoughts so far are:
Hue. they have a wall switch and a puck that will allow for a couple presets but I’d really like to use some brighter or other smart lights and they are $$$ in comparison to some other lights.
I saw a video of the lightpad switch controlling a Hue lamp but it looks like it was just a demo and not released yet. being able to control color from the switch is a nifty idea. This along with the ability to control some scenes from a Logitech would keep things simple for the family.
Any thoughts on other options? again, I’d like to be able to use other lights than the Hue system If possible…
I’m still wading through the forums but haven’t seen anything else yet.