Control an IR (or RF) Projection Screen with Zwave + Smartthings

Is this possible? I bought a screen that doesnt have a trigger, and was hoping I could purchase a IR or RF Transmitter I could link up to the Smart Things system I have.

You can send IR commands to Global Cache iTachs; no feedback though.

Hi! Does anyone know of a itach alike but for RF?

What exact devices did you want to control?

Lutron, insteon, Honeywell, and Somfy, for example, all have RF Controls, but are not compatible with each other. In some cases people may have added additional hardware, most often using a raspberry pi, and enabled some integration with these but there’s not a single solution that covers everything.

I want to control a Dooya blind motor.

@codytruscott has that brand, I believe, maybe he knows if anyone has tried a SmartThings integration.

I use the Zipato ph-pan08.us to control a Dooya Curtain Motor DT52S which is an AC motor without RF control. The wiring was straight forward after a bit of confirmation on the schematic from a friend who speaks/reads Chinese.

For a device type, I just stuck with a default zwave switch.

To activate the relay, I used a Linear ZWAVE Accessory Switch WD00Z-1. To link the switch and the control module, I used the Big Switch app that is built into the platform.

The setup is sometimes buggy, but in my experience, it’s the same sort of bugginess that I experience with all Big Switch use cases.

If you have an RF controlled Dooya motor, there may be a provision for up/down control with an external switch. For this, the zipato unit may or may not work. Monoprice also has a curtain controller which uses dc signal’s to activate low current switches. Fibaro’s curtain controller is not shipping yet, but appears to be more configurable than other options.

I adapted the instructions I found here:

[quote=“codytruscott, post:7, topic:5635”] The wiring was straight forward after a bit of confirmation on the schematic from a friend who speaks/reads Chinese.

[/quote]

Quote of the week, for sure! #21stCenturySolutions

1 Like

The best part was the literal translation — she’s a journalist who stayed with my family as an exchange student, and not someone with a background in electrical wiring.

Hot = Fire Line
Neutral = Zero Line

1 Like