Connection to Domoticz defined devices like Blinds and On/Off switches

not completly sure if fixed, but load 6.11

I see the message ā€œno custom messageā€ appearing, could you take a peek at your domoticz devices notifications and if they have been updated to APP- defined notifications? should look like

for devices and for sensor something like

if not, let me know, it should have been updated like this, if you donĀ“t have too many devices, clear the notifications, it will be added when the App finds out that nothing is there. If you have many devices you can do a little trick in the app.

Updated. Have a different message.

Which I think relates to your second post. My cutoms Message section is blank for the switch.

For testing, I added in the custom message for the device as you had above and it worked perfectly turning on /off from ST and DZ

I made a small change again, because the null pointer still existed. It seems to work now, did not bump the github counter, could you check if you have the latest from repo? thx!

if you want to reset all notifications you can do the following: locate the routine below and comment (put // in front of return. Save/Publish. Then go into the smartapp and save (or alternatively press update in the IDE under my locations/smartapps/ Domoticz Server) it will clear out the notifications and the app will bring them back the way it should be.

DO NOT forget to revert the // to make the return function again and Save/Publish.

private def runUpdateRoutine() {
return    
log.info "UPDATE ROUTINE!!!"
state.devices.each {key, item ->
	if (item.type == "switch") {
    	log.info "Clear Notifications for ${item.type} ${item.dni} ${item.idx}"
    	socketSend([request : "ClearNotification", idx : item.idx])
        pause 2
    }
}

}

1 Like

Bingo. Followed as instructed above. Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Niceā€¦your notifications are now in good shape? no more null pointers as well?

What kind off doorlock? copied from ST to DZ or other way around :yum:

Yep, no more null pointers and notifications are as they should be.

As always many thanks kind sir.

Awesome work Martin.

I had an odd issue at first, it create the new Hardware ok, but then it created the 3 devices I ticket as unknown and attached to unknown hardware. After a little while it created 3 new devices correctly. the unit numbers were incremented 3-5 so it seemed to know about the existing unknown devices. Not a big issue as I just deleted the unknowns and it seems to be working fine.

I am using some lights to test first, I can control the light from DZ and it updates in ST, very snappy too.

But changing the light is ST does not seem to update in DZ, and I donā€™t see any activity in the Domoticz Log on ST.

I wanted to do a clean up of devices, made a new room on DZ just for ST syncing, so wanted to flush the DZ devices from ST, I tried removing the SmartApp as I know this will delete all the devices, but I get an unexpected error and canā€™t remove it, ideas?

If I remove a device or a room from DZ will those devices actually flush from ST? and will it flush the notifications from devices I remove, or will I need to do that, any tips to do that quickly?

Really looking forward to this update, I am a little on the fence about a complete switch to ST, this could open up a best of both worlds, enabling some the pros of both ST and DZ.

Thanks,
Wob

Iā€™m using a Yale zigbee doorlock, currently tied only to ST. Iā€™d love to see it on DZ as well.

Thanks Martin, just updated. Seems to be all stable now. I deleted some ā€˜unknownā€™ domoticz devices from ST so not sure if that was causing my original issue.

Not doing many delete app myself too nany devices and automation.
When you delete a device in domoticz it will be deleted in smartthings after a while. The clean-up normally runs every hour. I had the same experience as you what the unknown hardware. As it went ok the first time I thought it would not affect you. I deleted hardware multiple times. Found out that an update command was needed as well. Still need to test this. But in your situation the link between devices are not correct and it might still be looking for your old devices.
To remove the defined devices just disable the two way define again in the app. It should clean-up internal stuff.
The unknowns must be done manual.

I have pushed a small update. Could you try this for me? First update, then do the aboveā€¦

Curious on what unknown devices you were seeingā€¦

I think it was from when I added some composite devices.

The app shows all sensors in domoticz, also the unused ones. They should not get defined in ST, could you see/check if that is the case?

Not seeing an update on GitHub yet.

Scratch that, just showed up

dont update yet, found the problem, needs some workā€¦

Ahh no worries :slight_smile: , already tried, but same unknown devices issue.

Fixed it, i hope. 6.12 on github. The identity of the hardware was not returned on time, devices got created with null hardware idx. definition is now postponed a little (10s) to allow for everything to get defined.

That did the trick, syncing in both directions for my light devices, Iā€™ll transfer over 1 of each of my Xiaomi sensors (temp, contact, motion/lux) from DZ to ST for testing and report back. Interested to see how they go in automations.

The on/off for lights will prob be sufficient, but any chance youā€™ll look at adding dimming at some point?

Thanks for the fantastic work,
Wob