Connection to Domoticz defined devices like Blinds and On/Off switches

Actually it is solar panel production that I read from the webpage of the inverter. ID’s are different

might have a solution± update domoticz server and DTH domoticzSensor and domoticzMotion. Hit refresh on the composite sensor, should show power now-today-total

It works, great
Thanks

Does anyone have problem with switching state in SmartThings?

When I toggle switch in smartthings the staat keeps pending in “turning off” or “turning on”, it doesn’t switch to on/off state. It does notify the state correctly in domoticz . . .

Other way around, when toggle switch in domoticz it also doesnt update the smartthings state. I tried the end point url, no errors also.

Am I forgetting some steps?

What version of st app domoticz server are you running and is this a fresh
install?

met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin

It was a fresh install. I used the repository to install two things:

1. Domoticz server smartapp
  2. device handler for domoticz on/off devices

Version as shown on smartthings is: 5.03

Calvin

i will be pushing fresh code in a few hours. There is a problem in 503 (but not with status updates). Did you add notifications (http) for on/off to your devices in domoticz? You could test it with a single device. The new code that I will push will set these definitions for you, as this was a lot of manual work if you have many devices, and make the status updates faster.

i have pushed 5.04. after updating the code you should open and save the smartapp. This way it will run the init routine. It is needed to clear some things in domoticz. If you wait a while, the domoticz devices will be filled with new notification definitions, this will make the update of status more efficient. If you do not want to wait a while, hit refresh on a device, or go into the smartapp again and do a add all devices again.

a device in DZ should look like, with Notifcations displayed as being defined.
The definitions should look similar like this

I am currently not home. I will check tonight and let you guys know. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Martin,

I just updated to 5.04, all notifications were updated correctly and now working properly 2-way.

Thanks!

could you do me a favor and run the update for the code again, thougth i was quick enough to beat you updating, hust seconds ago i did an update with the same version…:roll_eyes:

I think I got the latest already. Just checked . . no update so you probably were quick enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anybody using ActionTiles.

If the icons are not showing correctly the icons for the on/off state, this is because the custom message generated by the smartApp is using capitals “On” and “Off”.

If you update the custom message to lowercase the icons will show correctly for the on and off state. In the image below I changed the custom message IDX 1 On and IDX 1 Off to IDX 1 on and IDX 1 off so that ActionTiles shows the icons correctly.

@martin if there is no reason to use capitals for On and Off maybe you can change it to lowercase to people using actionTiles will get this working automatically.

5.05 is on git now, with lowcase on-off. Please use same procedure as before , it will update all to lower case in DZ as well.

1 Like

Im using the domoticzOnOff device handler for some dimmers.

In domoticz my lamps dimms correctly, when using smarttthings nothing changes when adjusting the brightness.

Do I have to use anotber device handler for dimmers?

Thanks

no it is the same devicehandler. I see what you mean. I can use the slider to set a new level, it actually sets it in domoticz, i can see it change, but it does not give the new level back to smartthings. Will fix it. Actually i am in the middle of a cleanup job in the smartapp. It will make the events back and forth much more efficient, but i still need a little time to test it a bit more. Bear a moment…
SetLevel with automation in ST will work, manual setting seems to be the issue.

V5.06 is on github, you also need to get a fresh domoticzOnOff .

Version 5.06

• Changed the way sensorcounts are retrieved in ST, it will be reported with customer notify from DZ instead of being polled by ST.
  • Inspect HaveTimeout property, false == Online health, true == Offline health reported into device status
  • Scheduling has been consolidated to lower scheduled tasks

Please click on update in the IDE (goto my locations/smartapps/ find Domoticz Server, click Update. This will run the Update routine in the smartapp, this will initialize the new scheduling etc…

No hurries, just making sure I am not missing something :). Will this “patch” also fix the issue with the dimming?

Yes. It should. At least it works for me😁

met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin

Ah ok, will give it another try this evening. Maybe I missed something or forgot to refresh some things.

By the way, thanks for the great work!