Connection to Domoticz defined devices like Blinds and On/Off switches

No problem, same here.

It is strange, i can´t get it wrong here. When the status goes to turning xx, it waits on the returning status from the command it has send to DZ, it should automatically change to on or off, refresh should not be needed. It might be that the returning status is being interpreted incorrrectly. To check could you go to Live Logging in the IDE and see what is being put out when you the command in bot Domoticz Server and the device you use?
the Device should show like this

The App should show:

Could you also check in the IDE under my locations, list smartapps if there is only one instance of Domotics Server (just to be sure)…

See the App info below. From ST viewpoint the light is on, and I attempted to turn it off.

Funnily though even though the light shows up as a header option there is no logged information available!!!.

Double checked, yep only one instance of the App.

In case it makes a difference, i see you made some changes to the layout of the app. This is my config:-

Domoticz Group: false
Domoticz Adddress: My Pi3 addy
Domoticz Plans: My Room names, 4 in total
Domoticz Room Plans: True
Domoticz Scene: False
Domoticz Port: Random not port 80
Domotica Trace: True
Domoticz Types: On/Off/Dimmers/RGB

I think I identified the issue, could you do a final check for me to have it confirmed: In the IDE, installed smartapps, domoticz server and look in the Application State for variable listOfRoomPlanDevices, is it empty??

@dudz40 - Yes it is

I think I have created a workaround (it needs more fixing) but if you update the App from repo now, it might work for you (sorry, being careful :slight_smile: )

PS. should be fixed now. Was a faulty definition of the callbackhandler for roomplan info that was not defined public. Thus the devices were not defined in the listofroomplandevices, and when not defined it was ignored by the event logic. Have changed the event logic to always proces events if a device exist in ST. Roomplan devices are only checked now when an attempt is made to add these.

@dudz40, being careful, more fun on the edge :slight_smile:

Just updated the app, and can confirm the lights are now showing Off/On correctly.

Once again kind sir, I tip my hat, in gesture of thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin

I see DZ have updated their main application (great to see the daily builds made it to a stable release).

Just wondering if your ST app has been tested with those builds (new stable release)

Cheers

I always have the latest beta running , now at v3.8182

Living on the edge I see :eye: :blush:

Hi!

First off, awesome app!

I have noticed a small bug though. If I turn on a Domoticz dimmer from SmartThings everything is fine, but if I change the dim level, the lamp changes to the correct dim value, but in SmartThings the state for the device toggles from “ON” to “OFF”. If I change the dim level again, the lamp continues to dim, but the SmartThings app still says “OFF”. It should remain in the “ON”-state when dimming.

Thanks Martin, glad you like it.

I have been doing some worklately on the app and devices and have just committed it to github. if you can check the version you are running and make sure it is 4.04, it could not recreate it on that version, so it might have been fixed.
You also need to update the devices that start with domoticz from github as well.

V 4.04 also introduces a new device type domoticzDuskSensor. I am using Hue connection in Domoticz to have the motion sensors from Hue as a device in ST as well, they have a seperate Dusk Sensor that you can now use,

Wow, fast work! :slight_smile:

I updated the server app and all DH:s and now the bug is gone, great!
The dusk sensor is also awesome, works great with this sensor that I have in DZ: http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Nexa-LBST-604-Wireless-Twilight-Switch/36-4617

I’m really impressed with this integration!

1 Like

Hi Martin, I have tried to completely reinstall the app today but I am getting the error below:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘deviceId’ on null object

this is around line 950 of the latest git - when I try to turn a device off or on.

The device will turn on, if it off but will not change back to on again and vice versa!

Any clues?

Many thanks,
Barry

I’ve just gone back to your version 4.01 and it is working correctly? How odd…

Hi Barry, could you post more detail from the log when you use 4.06, almost impossible to install from scratch in my enviroment…

hi @dudz40, thanks for the great app…

my domoticz setup has some power usage sensors like this

but your app picked them as domoticzOnOff devices

any plan to support this kind of devicetype?

thanks

Are they kwh devices that are related to other, switch type, devices? I currently have some zwave devices that are reporting kwh usage and have the same ID as the switch they belong to, in your case 53DF2A01 for Samsung Plug Usage, so i guess you have a plug that is Samsung AC? If the ID´s are the same in my next round of software it will connect the power usage to the plug in ST and report on usage in 1 device. It will also have the ability to show some usage graphs…so wait a little, i am almost finished! You might have to delete these usage devices in ST when i release the code.

in my case, they’re a bit different. like…
Usage = AABBCCxx
Switch = xxAABBCC

but all have the same pattern.

I have committed version 4.07 for the APP and 5.00 for DTH domoticzOnOff to github. added some code to look for xiaomi plugs etc. But cannot test it myself. Would you be so kind and see if it works for you?

If you press refresh in the device a graph with usage should appear. Readability is currently no great but would like to know if it works… multiple refreshes will bring you from daily to weekly, monthly and annual graphs.

Please delete the kwh devices from ST after upgrade and open App and save Domoticz Server.

ok.
App and DTH updated. deleted kWh devices from ST. opened and save domoticz server.

now i see
null - domoticzOnOff under list installed devices.
Create Power Report device(s) under create composite sensors (should i enable this?)

when i opened the device (the plugs), i see blank space above RSSI and refresh button. pressed refresh button, but nothing shows up.

thanks