Connection to Domoticz defined devices like Blinds and On/Off switches

I’m not sure what Somfy type device is but I guess it is not.
my stop works via Domoticz and it used to work via your DH before the upgrade. where can I find the previous code?

Could you paste the Domoticz device you want to control using stop. Please use the used devices list in Domoticz that will show me the type and subtype…

Maybe for documentation purposes but the purpose of the Somfy stop is to have the screen go to a predefined position usually that is specific to the Somfy brand. So if you want to use it for stopping the screen during an up or down motion that usually is a matter of pressing the same button a second time.

The type is blind and subtype is T6 DC106. they are controlled using RFXCOM. As mentioned, the Stopped worked fine to stop the curtains from going up or down but since the update they are not working.

I believe if I manage to revert to the previous code this will be working again.

I wish there was a feature to calibrate the full open position and give it 100% and then full close position and give 0% and then be able to be able to open the curtains at 50% etc.

Thanks in advance

I will get rid of the rfy check in the app. It is on GitHub now.

I was actually busy creating code for percentage up and down a while ago but the needed delay because of a bug in the hub prevented me to follow up on that one. As the bug is fixed in the meantime I can again see if it can be made to work.

Wonderful, it works ! Thanks a lot.

It would really be great to have a calibration for each curtain where we can set the full close and open parameter. we can then use a dimmer like switch. I would love to say to Alexa to open curtain x to 50%

I really thank you for all the great work

I am not sure you are correct here,or I am misunderstanding you.

At least here with my pretty old Telis4 remote, when the screen is going down and I press the down button again, nothing happens. Pressing stop/my stops the screen, and pressing the up button cancels the downward motion and reverses the screen back up.

Thx Arnoud. Sure it will or will not work for different brands :sunglasses:. I have
Somfy at home and that is what I know the stop from and implemented. I have
now removed the rfy restriction. So all happy I hope.

We were already happy :slight_smile:

But maybe an extra remark for clarification: the ‘stop’ button on the remote stops the motion of a blind that is already moving at the time it is pressed. When the blinds are stationary, the ‘stop’ button works as a ‘my’ button to move the blind to the saved preset position.

To be honest, I have never used the stop-button on my remote to lower my blinds, I always press the down-button and x-seconds later I press the stop-button. Probably because until very recently (when I replaced one of the Somfy motors with a new one) I didn’t even know I could :wink:

Martin

So close but so far. After deleting all the devices and the the Smartapp and even rebuilding the Domoticz server I no longer get failed HTTP messages. But, the status of the devices are still not being updated unless I manually press the update button in the device. Any ideas?

f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [addSwitch] f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf:IDX:4 new style dni already exists Returning
f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [addSwitch] 4, domoticzOnOff, Office Ceiling, On
f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [onLocation Devices] On/Off Office Ceiling On Lighting 1
f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [onLocation] evt.source HUB
f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [socketSend] status to IDX = 4
f5aebf3d-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-d06fdcc4ecdf 2:56:38 PM: debug (TRACE) [domoticz poll/status] (4)

2016-12-16 14:56:15.145 User: Admin initiated a switch command (4/Office Ceiling/On)
2016-12-16 14:56:15.483 Notification sent (http) => Success
2016-12-16 14:56:15.145 (RFXTRX) Lighting 1 (Office Ceiling)
2016-12-16 14:56:38.699 SmartThings Status for 4

Hi John, need to dig into this a liitle, and see what log message i expect when a notification arrives. I send a requst for sratus to dz when the notification srtives in st, with the refresh i just send a status. So the requests to dz all work, but the notifications from dz to st are not arriving (or not handled correct). Will let you know

Could you reload app from github, i have enabled a trace on the events coming in. After you updated could you have logging active and do the switch command in DZ (NOT in ST). It should trigger the event inside ST.

you should see something like this in the log of ST

(TRACE) [eventDomoticz] [message:Front Door Light >> ON

I have updated the app but when I turn on a light from DZ I don’t see a TRACE event in the ST IDE Log. Nothing happens until I press the update button in ST. Thanks for your work on this. If you can get this working it will make the transition to ST much easier.

strange…it means that the event does not reach ST, you are sure there is no firewall preventing traffic somewhere? could you check the whitelisted networks again in DZ, i saw there it was ending on 0 for 192.168.0.* but assumed it is a typo. Just to be sure :wink:

Done some coding for this. If you load the new DomoticsBlinds DTH it now will contain a tile ‘Cal’. You need to start with situation where the screen is completly UP. Now hit Cal, the screen goes down, hit Cal again immediatly when the screen is in its down position. It now has calculated the full time it needs to go down. When you now use the level it will calculate the seconds it needs to go down to this relative position. As it does not know what the current position is, it will issue an UP command first (off), it will schedule a DOWN command (on) after the full calibration time (this is the max) and issue a second on command after full calibration + the seconds it needs to go down to the level% position.

This does not work for blinds that do not support issueing a second on/off command as a stop. I will get that to work later.

As this is completely cloud driven by using runIn commands it might not be accurate!!! Have a go and let me know.

I have Alexa as well, but did not try yet :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,

Thank you for this. I will give it a go and let you know

Cheers

Hi again,

I’ve tried it but since my blinds don’t support the second on/off as a stop, this did not work.
I like the logic that the reference is always the full upper position where the blind stops so it resets it self to zero before moving down for a calculated number of seconds.

My screens are forced to stop when the max full open position is reached (motor cannot rotate) so i guess the logic would be

1 - Calibration - time between full open and full close

Relative position = issue a full open position command to last for the duration of the calculated calibration time, then issue a down command to run and last for the duration of the relative calculated time

My screen takes 30s from full open to full stop.

So i guess the below scenario will happen if a want the screen half open

Issue and open command for 30s then issue a close command for 15s and then stop

Thanks

does it support a stop command

Yes, it does support the stop command

When I use the stop, it stops

Thanks

Not tested yet by myself, but you now have a setting with the device (press the settins button) that will enable a setting to specify supported “stop” command. If true it will issue stop command instead of second ON command

Thanks

I will test and let you know