Connecting Synology Surveillance Station and Smartthings

HI all,

I’d like to use the automations (Action Rules) in Synology Surveillance Station to control devices in Smartthings.

I’ve been able to go the opposite direction using the Web Req Multi Master EDGE driver, which allows me to control the Surveillance Station modes with webhook calls from Smartthings to the Synology.

I have what I want to do set up already using IFTTT as an intermediate. Basically, Synology activates a webhook in IFTTT which then activates a device in Smartthings. But what I’d like to do is go direct if it’s possible.

Is there any way for Smartthings to “listen for” a webhook on its own?

Thanks!

1 Like

Were you ever able to figure this out? And could you expain in detail how you got IFTTT working? I cant seem to figure it out.

I have an Amcrest AI camera that records to Synology Surveillance Station, and SS sends me alerts when it detects a person, that way i dont get constant motion alerts.

I want Surveillance Station to turn on a Smartthings switch when it detects a person.

When IFTTT went to like 1 free applet, I deleted most of the applets I had set up. I can’t recall exactly, but it would do exactly what you described - a motion alert in Synology would turn on a switch or virtual motion detector in Smartthings. I believe I had to call a webhook from Smartthings which IFTTT would recognize and IFTTT would then set the switch.

Sorry, if I could find the old applets I could probably help better…