SmartThings Community

Connecting Hue directly to ST? Not yet configured listed

(Brian Diehl) #4

Try moving them closer. Use the closest fixture to the hub for each one. Reset and add them.
Then put them back where they need to be.

I’m a moron. They are all three Phillips hue. Shouldn’t I be able to make them work with ST as well? To be clear they have only ever been connected to my osram bridge. Never been connected a hue bridge.

(Brian Diehl) #6

Resetting Hue bulbs I believe requires a remote if you don’t use the Hue bridge.

There are people who have them connected directly to ST, bypassing any light bridge. Again, a remote is required for resetting those.

You can check out this thread for info on the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote to reset them.

I can make them show up in ST as a new device. I went to IDE and changed them to ZigBee hue and they are now listed but on/off does nothing.

(Brian Diehl) #8

Maybe try this one?

I believe you’ll need a custom device handler to use them directly with the smartthings hub. I think @sticks18 has one.

If you haven’t used a custom device handler before, this FAQ should help:

Sweet I will wait to hear from @Sticks18

If they were connected to the Osram hub, the same thing applies. You will have to reset them using the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote that @diehllane linked to (there are other options, but I can’t remember what they are). There is no other way to reset them and have them join a new network.

Well that really sucks. Can anything from bestbuy be picked up that will do this? Ill go pick one up then return it after they are reset.

(Scott G) #14

The Lutron remote can be found at Home Depot. That’s where I bought one.

It really sounds like the Hue bulbs are still stuck on a different Zigbee network or something. I’m not sure how or why ST can even see them as a Thing.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Connected-Bulb-Remote-LZL-4B-WH-L01/206196450

Is there anything available at lowes that would do this or does it have to be this specific item. We dont have a Homedepot in town and the closest one is an hour away.

(Scott G) #16

This remote is only sold at Home Depot and there is no equivalent at Lowes. You might be able to do it with a Hue bridge if you could find that at Best Buy.

Drove up to the lake this evening and picked one up. What is the process for clearing the bulbs?

Once they are cleared, under what device type should they be added to ST?

(Scott G) #18

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/Components/ConnectedBulbRemoteControl/Overview.aspx

Video at bottom right for resetting a bulb. You might need to pair it to the remote first.

They will probably pair as Kudled bulbs for since you’ve installed that device handler, but if this fixes the issue then any of the ones we’ve mentioned should work.

Got the controller and did the reset. Got the lights readded and they are now all working!!! @Sticks18 thanks for the patience and guidance. The steps to do this are very specific and I will write up a full step by step guide tomorrow for others who come along.

I replied to you in the other post, but figured I would here to in case anyone else gets to this point. Everything is reset properly and connected to ST, but I can’t find the Kudlow device handler you are referring to. All the other device handler’s I have tried have failed to control the bulb. I have just the simple new Hue white bulb, not the color adjusting.

@sticks18 is the one who has provided it. Check the links in this thread. I’m pretty sure one of them points to it.

You saved my butt! Here is the link to the Kudled custom device handler but you should edit your post above as it is very helpful, but you had the name misspelled. I can confirm, that even though this is for the color bulbs, it works fine with the Hue White A19 regular bulb. Now I wonder if there is any way to verify that the bulb is acting as a zigbee repeater, but everything I read online so far says it will.

Thanks again,

Dave

Sweet. Glad you got it up and running.

Updated the thread to include a step by step of the process for getting these working. Hopefully it helps someone out in the future.