Connect Sensative Stripes Comfort?

Is there a way to change the check interval to less than 93600 seconds in the new app? I’ve searched all over in the IDE and in the app and can’t figure out how to adjust this.

I see this mentioned above but no resolution.

Why do you need it to wake up more than once per day?

I’m interested in using the light sensor to fill in the gaps in my indoor lighting on cloudy days and helping lights turn on at dusk a little more accurately.

I got this so I could use it as a condition for automation.

If lux of sensor is below 600 outside and indoor motion sensor detects motion, then turn on indoor lights.

I’ve had it running for about a day and it does seem to take readings semi-regularly. It still doesn’t seem consistent in when readings are taken but it’s doing and okay job so far. I’d like to get a couple more full days of real world testing to be sure it’ll fulfill my needs.

My custom handler exposes the device’s temp/light reporting interval setting, but make sure you manually wake the device up after changing the settings.

It seems like the strip is getting readings in much shorter intervals now which makes this solution usable. I’ll probably download your Device Handler this weekend and play with some of the more sexy features.

Custom handlers don’t execute locally, but you can use my custom handler to configure it and after you’re sure the settings have saved to the device, change the Type field back to the built-in handler.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, is there a driver for the other hub? :wink:

BTW my Strips Comfort battery died 10 days ago after just 10 months in operation using pretty much the default settings. Benjamin at Sensative has authorized a warranty replacement but no idea when I’ll get it (or if it’s coming from Sweden or being drop-shipped by HCI or Aartech).

Yes, there’s a built-in driver for it.