Confused with dual smart switch installation (both lights turn on or off with physical switch)

Ok, I’m new here, but not new to forums by a long shot. With that out of the way, I am having some issues with a recent installation of some C by GE Smart Switches.

Yesterday I installed a single switch in my garage for the indoor lights. Everything worked perfectly, connected everything as required, muy bueno.

Today, I installed my second switch, which is located alongside the first one, which is to connect to my outdoor garage lights.

Everything works fine in the Google Home app (which is where I run everything) and in the C by GE app (which I typically only use for initial setup).

Here’s my dilemma: When I use the physical button for either the inside or outside switch, in controls both switches… so if I have the inside lights off, and go to turn the lights on, the outside lights come on as well, and vice versa with turning them off.

Each light has its own load, line, and ground, and there is only one neutral coming in and going out… so I tried twisting everything together, and then tried making a Y from the incoming neutral line. Neither way made a difference, even though reading some online help discussions said the Y should solve this.

If anyone has any advice, I’m open to try ideas. Just frustrated at the moment, and just decided to call it quits for the time being, as everything works with the app, but not the physical switch.

Signed - lost and looking for help.

Bump … anyone?

To the best of my knowledge, these are not compatible with Smartthings. There is an Alexa workaround (but not Google Home) workaround. There are other discussion regarding this on the forum.

It sounds like your question is more specific to C by GE than it is about Smartthings…are you using Smartthings?

I use Sonoff mini behind a regular switch. Works great.
Does your power coming in Y to each switch? Or does power coming in go to one switch and then jump to the other switch?