Confirmation before operation?

(No No) #1

Is there a way to require a confirmation before a task is executed after pressing a button. Example, if I wanted to unlock a door and I press unlock a confirmation button press is required before the door actually unlocks. The other day I accidentally unlocked my door in the middle of the day to come home late at night and find my door unlocked. Kind of don’t want that to happen again. But I don’t want to lose the ability to unlock my door remotely.

Thanks

(Ray) #2

not that i know of but you can set rule to notify you if your lock unlocked in certain mode or rule to notify you if the lock is unlocked over x amount of time. You can do this in smart Home Monitor and custom.

I should also say that as far as locks go, many people just set up the doors to automatically lock again after they’ve been open for one minute or two minutes. Quite a few lock models have this feature built-in, but you can also do it programmatically. So if you’re only concerned about locks, that’s a very easy way to handle it. :sunglasses:

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #5

This is a Feature we already have in ActionTiles for Locks, Garage Doors, and any PIN Protected Tiles.

Nice! :sunglasses:

(Ray) #7

Forgot about Actiontiles. I do use the pin protection for Water valves and a storage magnetic lock.