I have a need to monitor my attic temperature during the winter months particularly. We experience winter weather from -20F to +45F throughout December to March, and snow fall can exceed 24 inches. My concern is when major swings in the predominant temp in the attic happen.
My sensor requirements are:
- It is operable in that temperature range
- It has enough power to work through an entire winter (wired is OK, larger-than-button battery is also OK).
- It must also communicate temp to my ST hub (obvuously ).
- Reporting interval doesn’t need to be very fast-- anything faster than 30 minute interval should be fine.
- No need for precise temperature accuracy. If it’s within 5F, I’ll be happy.
- Sensitivity can be dull. I’m monitoring for swings in attic temp, not minor fluctuations.
- No requirements for specific form factor or physical size. Well, ok… it should be smaller than a bread box!
- Humidity monitoring is a nice feature, but not critical.
I looked at the Everspring, but they seem to be out of stock/discontinued. Any current devices?