Code already registered: tried factory resetting 10+ times

The hub’s ethernet cable is disconnected? That should be connected so that the hub can properly reset and download any firmware updates available.

yes, i connected and now im able to add the code to the hub. Thank you for the great support. You can close the ticket now.

Regards,

1 Like

This may be helpful for someone. I kept getting ‘couldn’t register…’ after resetting my ST Hub. I deleted it from the app, deleted my home, even logged into the IDE website and confirmed it wasn’t there.

Well guess what? I usually login to all the Samsung accounts with my Google linked account so I decided to try logging in with my Samsung account and guess what I still found lurking in my hub list? You guessed it.

I still couldn’t delete it from there, it kept giving me a webpage 500 error. However I noted I still showed Zwave devices listed for whatever reason so I deleted every one of them THEN I could delete my hub from the IDE website logged in with my Samsung account instead of Google account and THEN I was able to successfully set it back up.

Insane.

Note this was a 2018 model w the QR code.

I have faced with same issue.
but I solved this problem.
I changed network, connected directly Internet network(Public IP).
Don’t use network of router(Private IP)

@Brad_ST can you help with ticket 1001957?

Give it another try, should be all set now.

It’s working now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I have also this problem. I setup my SmartThibgs Hub but when I try enter my Welcome Code I get the message ‘code allready registered. Invitation need from pwner to access this hub’. Can anyone help please?

I am having the same issue of Code already registered. I had to delete my account, as the profile seemed incorrect but that messed up my Hub connection. Now after reset, am not able to connect back to hub.

@Brad_ST Can you suggest the next steps.on this?

Please contact support and they can assist you.

Thank you Brad. I am all set and have reactivated and reconfigured my device

1 Like

Same issue. Support request #1008328
Got the hub with a new house and previous owner said he deleted his account

Hi. I have my hub 1 week now and have not been able to use it as the welcome code gives me the message ‘Code already registered. Invitation needed for owner to use this hub’. I have tried to contact samsung smartthings 3 occasions to resolve but have only gotten a support ticket number once.
Could you have a look at this @Brad_ST please. Support code is #1010188

Can you try again? It should work now.

That works perfect now. Appriciate the help.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello same issue here…
Got the new welcome code but facing the “code registered already” issue.
@Brad_ST
Kindly advise

What happens when you reset the hub? What does the LED on the front show?

@Brad_ST can you please take a look at ticket 1013900, I have exact already registered issue and support is not finding the solution.
Thank You

Hey Patrick - you should be able to claim it now if you give it another go.

Thank you, worked perfectly!

1 Like