Code already registered: tried factory resetting 10+ times

Somehow you have two “default locations”. If you open the new SmartThings app, you should be able to delete the empty location via the app.

Does Alexa say no devices were discovered? Based on the IDE, your devices are in use by the Alexa SmartApp.

Alexa finally works in this way:

1. In the classic App, automation tap, remove Alexa.
  2. In Alexa, reset the SmartThings skill

However, Google home still does not work. Every time I try to link Smartthings in Google Home, I got “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection”.

I also tried to delete Home from the new SmartThings app. Yes, I can delete it in the new app. But still cannot link SmartThings in Google Home, and got the same error message.

Sounds like the issue reported here:

If that doesn’t work, please email support@smartthings.com.

It works! This app migration is hard, but finally done with your help. Thanks!

hi Brad, I am struggling with the same issue of Invalid code . Can you check this case# 908418. I tried to factory reset several times following the directions on your website, but no luck.
Thanks.

Just got a chance to look. Support got it taken care of.

Hello all,

I have not the very same issue, deleted my Samsung account and created it again. Now I cannot register my V2 Hub. Any help?

Tnx,

Thanks Brad, I have the Hub online now, but I am unable to pair any devices which came with the Kit. Like Power Outlet, Motion Sensor, Multipurpose sensor.
Today I noticed that the Zigbee module in my Hub shows State: State: Not functional
Could this be the issue that I cannot pair any device. How can I get this fixed?

Can you help.

If the Zigbee module is shown as “Not Functional” that would explain the inability to pair Zigbee devices. If power cycling the hub does not address the issue, can you try a soft reset of the hub?

To perform a soft reset:

1. Remove the power cable and batteries (if used)
  2. Press and hold the reset button while plugging the power cable back in
  3. Hold the reset button for ~15 seconds until the LED rapidly blinks yellow
  4. Release the reset button when it starts blinking yellow

The hub will re-download and apply the latest Hub firmware version.

Hi Brad, got exactly same problem others Have got and hub is not showing with “code already registered problem” Samsung hub v2. green light on hub, done factory reset severa times, no luck. need some help please

Hi Brad,

I’m on the same boat here. I’m trying to switch to the new start things apps and it reports that I need permission from the owner. Could you also unblock me?

Hello, could you help me please.
My ADT Home Security Panel Alarm displays on the app : “Code Already Registered” when I try to add the devide code that appears on “Info”,

I have 2015 smarthings hub, did a factory reset still can not pass through welcome code screen, keeps getting “code already registered invitation from owner needed to use this hub”? Any help @Brad_ST.
Here is the serial number of the device 3000214197

Just bought a used v2 hub, looked like I had it registered but I deleted a room with the hub. I can not add it back.
@Brad_ST can you please take a look.
Sn 3010186140

Hey All,

I have the exact same issue NicolasGiraldez described. Similarly, I opened support ticket #966975 and sent some pictures as well.
If @Brad_ST , or a Staff Member who is around could kindly help me out would be awesome.

Hi All,
I have the same issue as the OP. I have reset the Smart Hub multiple times at this point and every time it goes through its cycle normally. Whenever I try and register it with either the new Smartthings App or the old Classic Smartthings app I get an error. On the new smartthings app I get a “Code has already been registered. Invitation from owner needed to use this hub.” and on the classic app I get " Code is invalid" error. I purchased this device from someone on Ebay, so I am definitely not the first owner, however everything that I have read says that shouldn’t be an issue!!! I have also contacted samsung’s help desk, however they keep telling me that I need to reset the hub, and have had no other input.

Also I have a final question: Is the serial number on the inside battery compartment, and the serial number on the outside compartment supposed to match, as mine are different.

Hope that @Brad_ST can provide some clarity. Thanks in advance.

Evening Brad I’ve got s Samsung smart hub and hub is not showing with “code already registered problem” Samsung hub v2. green light on hub, done factory reset severa times, no luck. need some help please and believe your the guy to sort it

Evening all

Was wondering if anyone can help me?? I’ve purchased a Samsung v2 smartthing hub I’ve got the welcome code ect… I’ve down loaded the smarthing app and signed in.
The hub is powered up and is connected to my router has per the instructions. Once I’ve opened the app I’ve set my location and when adding the hub after putting in the welcome code in I get a comment stating I require an invite from owner and get stopped at this point. I’ve done a number of factory resets, removed my location, changed the ports around on the router, even sent emails to Samsung support. And still unable to connect to the hub. Please has anyone got any ideas before I put the whole lot in the bin. The hub has currently got a solid blue light on.

I have the exact same Situation CraigS2, Haven’t gotten a response that is even remotely helpful yet…

I am having a similar issue. I was on the phone with ST tech support a few times and didn’t get it resolved.

I suspected that my hub was registered to my SmartThings account so I logged in and deleted it.

Now when I go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/hub/list I get a 404 error.

When I try to connect the hub to my phone app logged in to my Samsung account and use the Welcome Code I get the message that the hub is already registered.

I should add that I tried the factory reset procedure a number of times and have not been successful.

My ticket number is 972174.