[Obsolete] Club Steve's AutoLock

Now I’ve had issues before where the lock has over-extended, or has otherwise become “out-of-sync” with the actual deadbolt knob. That’s because the gears inside can jump teeth, or otherwise get out of whack. It took me a few hours the first time I opened it, and even subsequent efforts still take at least an hour of tinkering. I’d almost need to create a write-up on how to properly align it, for my own benefit even. It’s a massive pain. That said, from what I’ve read in the past few years, these locks are still the most reliable and compatible. (for the price.)

Resurrecting an old thread. Not sure if you are still supporting your app. I love the execution of this app and it was working great. I have a Yale Deadbolt with z-wave with a Fibaro door sensor. I had previously tested your app with a 3600 second (60 minute) delay on all 3 parameters (delay for auto-lock, delay for re-lock and notify if open). All worked flawlessly.

Something strange happened just tonight. I had left the door closed, but forgot to lock it around 10am today. I didn’t receive an alert that it was unlocked (also set to 3600 seconds). Then I get an alert a 1:21 am the next day saying that, “ALL locking attempts Failed! Check out Yale Deadbolt Door Lock immediately!”.

Now I am assuming that the lock isn’t aligning with the door frame (excess weatherstripping because of drafts), so the hub tried to lock the door, but couldn’t do it. But why the excessive delay in alerting me?
Was it trying to lock for 14 hours and then only tried to alert me? Is there a way to set an earlier alert after so many failed attempts?

Thank you for any help.

So upon closer inspection. It seems the lock was physically locked but the hub was not updated properly on it’s status; still showing it as unlocked. Despite me trying to unlock it and relock it remotely via the app, it kept showing that it was unlocked (as if not successfully locking). But it was locked. I had to physically unlock and relock it to properly uodate it’s status on the SmartThings app. Maybe because the status wasn’t updating appropriately it generated this delayed alert via your app? I’m not sure?

Because when everything is working appropriately your app sent me a door is open alert on time, as expected.

But this delayed unlock alert had to be related to the incorrect status update from the lock itself.

But if the status didn’t update appropriately from the lock, shouldn’t your app still show it as unlocked and sent an alert anyway? And sooner?

I will double-check the logic today, but I can say that the platform has been acting weird for me the last week or so with odd delays. I haven’t modified the coffee in eons, so this would be a long-standing bug, if not the platform.

I found out that I had a bad AA rechargeable battery floating around in my spare batt box and whenever this one was inserted, it caused my lock to only like like 95% of the strike distance. I guess it just didn’t have the torque. I was getting some odd reporting there. Just rambling, but the point is there can be a lot going on.

Lately, this hasn’t been consistently locking when it should. A trigger will unlock the door, we’ll walk through it, and then for no reason that I have been able to find, it simply won’t relock. I’ll then lock it manually and it will function perfectly for a few days before doing it again. This has been happening about twice a week for the past two weeks or so.

Any tips for what to look into? I’ve looked at the event logs and it doesn’t seem to me like there is anything keeping it unlocked.

I know this is an older topic but how do i add the code to my ST. I see i can download the code but not sure how to intergrade it.

Thanks Bryan

You can’t! It is groovy and ST has discontinued the use of groovy smartapps and device handlers on the Platform.

Are you aware of any other apps that have a smart lock feature