Changing speed of Leviton 3-Speed Fan Controller with Ubi

(Mark) #1

I can get Ubi to turn my fan on/off but cna’t figure on how to get it to change the speed. Any suggestions?

(Jody) #2

Can you change the speed inside of smartthings? You will likely need to expose this as an endpoint and use a ACB action on the UBI to call the url for changing speed. It will not be an automatic thing with the UBI

(Mark) #3

Yes I can in Smartthings. I somewhat follow your suggestion but I am weak in the programming area.

1. need to expose this as an endpoint = use “Authorize App Endpoint Access to access your SmartThings”? How do i exposed the endpoint fan speeds?
  2. use ACB action uBi to call for URL for changing speed. I’ve done this kind-of using the “Garage Door Monitor with Ubi” written by chrisb. I obtained the URL from UBI and entered in his app which can be used for any door.
    2a. How do I obtain the different ACB urls for the different speeds?

I hope this thought process or soemthign close makes sense

(Jody) #4

It will have to be a custom smart app that creates the three urls. If you search “oauth endpoint example”, you will see many different ways of achieving this. There is a good example in the developer docs as well.

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-web-services-developers-guide/implementation.html#developing-an-api-access-application