Changing Message Text

I’m not really a programmer, so forgive me if these questions seem simple, but I couldn’t figure them out.

I would like to change the “Notify Me When” app so that it will tell me which of my multis caused the alert.

I thought I did it by changing the sendPush to sendPush(evt.name + evt.value), but evt.name calls every multi  “contact” instead of the actual name. Contact.name doesn’t work either.

I also couldn’t figure out how to put a space in between the 2…+ " " + didn’t work

Lastly (for now), is there a way to rename the virtual contact? I thought it was working because the virtual contact was called contact, but then realized it wasn’t when they all showed up that way.

Thanks.

You can send a message including the device name with something like:

sendPush( “$evt.linkText is now $evt.value”)

There is no way to explicitly name the virtual contact, but its name is derived from the preferences variable name, so if you change the preference:

input “contact”, “capability.contactSensor”, title: “Contact Opens”, required: false, multiple: true

to:

input “myContacts”, “capability.contactSensor”, title: “Contact Opens”, required: false, multiple: true

Then the virtual contact sensor name will be “myContacts”

Thanks. Hopefully that will work - though it took me some time to realize that when I copied and pasted, the quotes pasted as curly quotes and were causing an error.

Unfortunately (for this purpose), I am using SmartThings at a second home so I now just have to wait until one of the doors opens. Luckily, someone is supposed to do some work in the house today and will be opening/closing the doors.

As I said, I have very little programming experience, but how would one know that linkText is a valid input? I don’t see any examples of it in the documentation and don’t see any library of the potential choices.

Looks like it worked!  Thanks again.

You’re welcome!  And you are correct in that the Event object properties are not currently documented. We’ll correct that.