Change server from US to EU

Hi,

When I purchased my V3 hub it was not launched in Norway, so i used a VPN to activate it.
My hub is located at US-east server and i would like it to be on a EU server. How can i change this?

It cannot be done manually without wiping out your Location and restarting. In such a case, you might as well just reset your Hub.

You can always call SmartThings Support to ask if they can do anything. I’d bet some Kr that they cannot.

The difference in performance is very, very likely not noticeable.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
By reset, you mean that i have to set up everything including all zwave devices again?
That is a huge PIA :frowning:

Yes.

Well - Pardon my bluntness, but it was your choice to set up your Hub in an unsupported country using a VPN to the USA. Clearly that type of non-typical customer action would come with risks.

Changing regions is something that a “regular” customer is very unlikely to do. So why should SmartThings go out of their way to build such a feature?

1 Like

Well I didn’t know that the servers don’t replicate data across them. Had i known that i would have used a vpn to the UK for example.

1 Like

Assumptions are risky. Sorry - not my platform, not my fault, not my assumptions.

Contact SmartThings Support.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.