Centralite "Smart Plug Mini" won't pair, any help?

I was under the impression the Centralite “Smart Plug Mini” is an OEM supported item, however, I can’t seem to get one to pair. Perhaps this is one of those situations where I need to add a custom DTH first?

No, you are correct. It should pair natively. I added one a couple weeks ago with no DTH. Maybe try resetting it?

How do I reset it? Just out of the blue I tried holding the sole button for like 20 seconds and it seems to cause the green-or-blue LED to momentarily flash to red, however, I have no idea if that does anything and I did not seem to fix my pairing.

I tried automatic pairing, I tried manually selecting Centralite outlets, and I tried to even QR scan the traditional /linear barcode on the Centralite (the app gave me an error “this doesn’t look like a QR code”).

You didn’t provide a model number but maybe something at the link below will help…

Ah, sorry about that. I thought the precise name “Centralite Smart Plug Mini” was a complete actual make and model!! I’m talking about this thing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFPYV4K/

The directions to reset that device are at the link I provided. You will have to scroll down a little bit to find the 4200

1 Like

Huzzah!! With the outlet disconnected Get app into pairing mode (I did the “by brand - centrality - outlet) then hold the plugs control button while inserting into a receptacle. The LED should come on instantly and constantly red. It will somewhat quickly turn to green. Let go of the button.

After another few seconds the device was connected!

1 Like