CentraLite Keypads

That’s a bummer, it would be nice if there was an option to make a variable ‘public’ so that other smartapps could leverage it…

Remember that mesh does not guarantee forced sequencing. there’s no way to be absolutely sure which message will arrive first from which device, or which routine/smartapp will p run first.

Smartapps don’t sit in the background listening. They get initiated when a device event occurs or a specific time occurs. They run for no more than 20 seconds and then they stop.

Passing variables between smartapps without forced sequencing could get really really complicated.

Instead what normally happens is that smartapp A causes some event to occur among the devices. Smartapp B Then gets initiated because it subscribed to that event.

So there is a sequence, but it’s actually not happening in the cloud. It’s happening in the physical world.

This is why you do see some programmers essentially store values in virtual switches. Once smartapp turns it on, then another smartapp responds to the fact that it was turned on.

It’s a lot more work for the program and I know, but it does fit the architecture pretty well.

FWIW

Wife got home. The app installed fine on IOS. And All looks to be fine.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I would love to open up a new marked for the Zigbee Wireless Keypads that I have but only if we know they will work. Dross has opened a case against me on ebay because it didn’t work, I stand to lose my product and all the fees and shipping I paid to send it to the UK. I just want to make sure the correct information is out there so I don’t risk losing any more money and reputation.

You sent it to the UK?

Many U.S.-Made zigbee devices operate at power thresholds that are illegal for operation in the European Union. If the device does not have a European operating certification on the back of it, I would strongly suggest you not sell it to addresses in the UK.

If it does exceed power ceilings it would also be illegal for the purchaser to operate it in the UK, btw, regardless of how they acquired it.

This is about the strength of the radiofrequency signal that is emitted, not the power of the device itself, which is why it also applies to battery-powered devices.

Radio frequency devices sold in the U.S., including zigbee, should have an FCC license on the back or inside the battery compartment.

Radio frequency devices sold in the UK should have a CE license on the back or inside the battery compartment.

And even if appropriately marked, you may need a special vendor’s license to sell these devices.

The standards are different, so consult an attorney before selling cross-border.

1 Like

If there is a potential problem with the android based ST client that could be causing this - and the SA uses the ST App (potentially Android based) ?? Not sure I understand this part - then any active android ST App could handle the proxied processes?

Does this mean to avoid this issues, I may need to shut down any active android ST apps and try this from an ios device?

Does this only effect the joining/configuration process or even the arm/disarm actions?

So far this appears specific to installing the Smart App using an Android phone. The only issue is installing it. As long as you can install it from an iPhone it will work just fine once it’s installed.

1 Like

Matt, cross over to the iOS side! :wink:

1 Like

I can pair an iris keypad, but i get the following error when trying to install the smart app. The app shows an error of “Failed to save page: SetupPage” when trying to save it. Sometimes the app will install, but all the settings are blank and cannot be saved over. Uninstalling the installed app works.

4:00:55 PM PDT: trace [raw 0x501 {09 01 04 0000}, send 0x2468 1 1, delay 100]
4:00:55 PM PDT: trace Method: sendStatusToDevice(): [raw 0x501 {09 01 04 0000}, send 0x2468 1 1, delay 100]
4:00:55 PM PDT: trace Arm mode: null
4:00:55 PM PDT: debug Sending status to device... 
4:00:55 PM PDT: debug Keypad awake and requesting status
4:00:55 PM PDT: debug Parsing 'catchall: 0104 0501 01 01 0140 00 2468 01 00 0000 07 00 '
4:00:51 PM PDT: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object @ line 70
4:00:51 PM PDT: debug Installed with settings: [keypad:Keypad, pin:1234]

What type of smartphone are you using?

iOS 9.1 running on an iPhone 6s

The device arrived broken. Not saying it is your fault but the battery case are is broken I have supplied photos to eBay. I have two of the devices.

If I don’t have an iPhone is there another round about way to install this?

Should I also put in an a ticket? Does Smartthings elevate things if more people do this?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: By “this” I mean the smartapp - SmartApp: https://github.com/mitchpond/SmartThingsPublic/blob/indev/smartapps/mitchpond/3400-x-keypad-manager.src/3400-x-keypad-manager.groovy25

Yes to both of these. They track trends.

1 Like

None that I’m aware of. Do you know anyone with an iPhone that you could login to smart things with or trust enough to give your credentials to and walk them through it?

Yes you should.

1 Like

Once the keypad is paired and the smartapp is installed, how many pin numbers can be programmed? Do you type in the pin and press away, stay, home, run what?

Just curious.

I had the keypad but returned it. I figure I would get it again once it was up and running. And of course the next day I read that if it’s installed via the icrap phone them works… Maybe I’ll go get another one.

You can install the SmartApp once each time for each pin number you want. I have tested and confirmed this works. @mitchp should consider allow naming of the SmartApp instances and even perhaps implement the new child apps feature.

1 Like

I picked up my iris keypad but it is the one that doesn’t have the “badge” shaped buttons at the top. I’m assuming I can only set away and home?

Is yours this one?

I believe this is for the centralite 3400 keypad used by comcast