CentraLite Keypads

Once you publish the device type to yourself, following the instructions in the FAQ, then when a new device joins your network that has the exact “fingerprint” specified in that device type, smartthings will assign that device type to that new device.

If you joined a new device to your network and you have not yet published the device type to yourself, there won’t be any matching fingerprint. So the device will be joined, but it will just be a “thing”.

If you joined the device before you published the device type to your account

You can still go ahead and publish the device type to yourself after the device is joined, which is also the reason why you can paste in a new device type, or update the device type code, or change to a different version of the device type.

In that sequence, you then have to go to the individual devices listed under “my devices” in the IDE, edit its information, and manually change its Device type to the one that you actually want to use.

Anytime you remove the device from the network and then rejoin it, the first thing that smartthings will do is look to see if it has a device type with a matching fingerprint that is published to your account.

So if you do have to do the manual edit method, you might have to do that again anytime you take that particular device off the network and then rejoin it again. You don’t have to publish the device type to yourself again, it’s already in your account library. But you might have to go to your “my devices” list, find the entry for the device you’re working with, and manually change it to device type to the one that you wanted to use.

Or it may be that SmartThings will assign it correctly through the automatic process the next time. It really just depends on whether there was an exact fingerprint match. If the only reason you had to do it the first time was because you haven’t yet gotten around to publishing the device type to yourself, it should catch it automatically the second time. But if it doesn’t, you can always do the manual edit again.

(Actually, the most common reason why you would have to edit the IDE every time you rejoin the device is if there is an existing device type that has the right fingerprint, but you don’t want to use that one, you want to use a different one. That happens when the community comes up with a device type that has more features than the current official device type with that fingerprint. So in that sequence, the automatic process assigns it to one device type based on matching fingerprint, and then you go in and manually edit it to use a different one. )

SmartThings doesn’t care if you publish device types to your account that don’t have real devices to go with them. You’re just building a library of device types you might use.

So, you can publish device types to yourself all day long without having any physical devices to go with them. They just get added to your account and they’re sitting there waiting for a device to show up with a matching fingerprint.

When you do join a physical device to your network, SmartThings looks for a device type in your account library with that fingerprint. If it finds one, it uses that device type automatically. If it doesn’t find one, it still joins the device as a generic “thing” and then you have the option to go into the IDE and manually edit the device description to use the type you want to use.

Two possible sequences

So there are two different possible processes.

At the time you add a new device to your network, if there is already a device type handler published to your account library with a matching fingerprint, that will be automatically assigned to the new device.

But if there wasn’t already one with a matching fingerprint, or if for some reason you want to use a different one, you can go into the IDE and manually assign a device type to the device once the device joined.

Of course, you still have to have published the device type you want to use to your account library, but the point is you can do the sequence either way, either add the device type to your account library first and then join the physical device, or join the physical device, add the device type to your account library, and then manually edit the physical device’s information in the IDE to use that device type.

And as always, publishing a smart app is a different process than publishing a device type. So you need to make sure you put the right code in the right section. :sunglasses:

So I had already published the most current version of the device handler and smartapp before adding the device. When I added the device it automatically assigned the correct custom device handler however when I link that device to the corresponding smartapp it doesn’t associate the keypad correctly, showing the incorrect Type and Value:

What it should be:

Name	Type			Value
keypad	device.centraliteKeypad	Centralite Keypad

What it is:

Name	Type	Value
keypad	device	46931c78-9bce-4b13-8416-c355c1d39346

I have no idea why it’s not assigning the correct Type or Value.

Since a lot of troubleshooting has been done here it would not hurt to ask support for help. They certainly don’t have to help because this is not a supported device or device handler but everytime I have contacted them they have been very helpful.
It can’t hurt to ask.

1 Like

It works great…thanks!

So I just talked with support, it seems it’s a known issue on their end but they had been working under the assumption that it only affected iOS apps (I use Android). They’ll be looking into it and hopefully find a solution to the issue and let me know.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I just got my 3400 keypad today, i have to factory reset the device and added to smartthings without problem(installed Device Type and publish to me, device page it shows fine). but when i install the keypad manager app on my phone, select keypad and type in PIN code, hit Done button show “An unexpected error occurred”

in the live log is shows:

5b18ea8c-dad1-4587-8810-93accf727fe8 7:57:12 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setDisarmed() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 85
5b18ea8c-dad1-4587-8810-93accf727fe8 7:57:12 PM: debug Keypad manager caught alarm status change: off
5b18ea8c-dad1-4587-8810-93accf727fe8 7:57:12 PM: debug Installed with settings: [keypad:22fcb0b1-d067-4ee4-9c72-99221daa38b4, pin:1010]

Causing i could not install the app. Any ideas I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

This might be an issue similar to the one I’m having even though I’m able to install the SmartApp and get the error when entering in a code.

so possible this is a issue on Smartthing end. please update us when support have somethings new. thanks!

Now that I’m home I was just messing around with it. I was able to install the SmartApp within IDE in the simulator and it works fine… when I left the simulator it doesn’t show it in my installed SmartApps but it still works. Now I’m going to try and join @mitchp’s smartapp and the lock code manager so that they can share codes.

This is good news, hopefully they will fix it for you guys.

Just tried your newest SmartApp code and now it won’t even install (tries to update state on install, it looks like). I also messed around with @ethayer’s code and got it so you can associate a keypad to your lock code manager and share the codes. I can’t get it to work personally (same errors as before) but I was able to get it to work in the simulator. Shows it’s pretty easy to implement even if I personally can’t use it until ST fixes the issues on their side.

1 Like

Name Centralite Keypad
Label
Type Centralite Keypad
Version Published
Zigbee Id 000D6F0005227241
Device Network Id 392A
Status ACTIVE
Hub Beach House Hub
Group Kitchen
Last Activity At 2015-10-21 7:51 AM EDT
Date Created 2015-10-13 2:19 AM EDT
Last Updated 2015-10-13 5:19 PM EDT
Data No data found for device
Raw Description xxxxx
Current States •temperature: 66
•battery: 100
•armMode: armedAway

Events List Events
In Use By • 3400-X Keypad Manager

This is what mine shows up as under devices. Also I am using IOS app, not sure if this will help anyone

Yeah this is exactly how mine is shown but mine doesn’t work except in the simulator. The support person I talked to yesterday said they’d be letting @slagle know about the issue to see if he couldn’t figure out a work-around or resolution.

Gave this another try tonight.

Fresh Batteries
New DH and SA.
Android v1.7.6 in an emulator in case it was related to that since it was mentioned the known issue was also found on Android.
Went back to the older DH and SA since the SA couldn’t find a candidate device when using the newest versions.

:slight_smile: Remain optimistic this will work some day.

The only way I’ve been able to get it to work is through the simulator in IDE… I’ll let you know if I ever hear back from support.

I purchased the new lowes iris keypad today and had the same result trying to install the smartapp as you did.

Have you rebooted your hub today? That seems to be fixing some of the problems for some people. Maybe a synch issue after the platform update? Doesn’t really make sense to me but that’s what people are reporting.

Wait a minute… the Iris keypad is working with ST?

What DH and SA is being used for this?

I’m using this Device Type and Smart App But it won’t let me install the SmartApp gives “an unexpected error occurred” When trying to install the Smart App log shows

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setDisarmed() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 85

@JDRoberts no luck :frowning:

This is the tester thread for one being developed off the xfinity labeled version of the similar device. Not sure the firmware is identical. See post 1 in this thread. :sunglasses: