CentraLite Keypads

I’m having the same problem as nrudolph7 above - basically identical circumstances. It just started yesterday - this is what I noticed on the log for centralite app:

10:34:21 AM: error org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - no Session @ line 97
10:34:20 AM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to off

Sadly, by keypad’s batteries died (or the keypad died) last night, so I’m unable to test at the moment. It looks like this is an error internal to SmartThings though.

Gregory,

Well, I wish I could help you to get it working, but it’s been quite a while since I managed to get mine going. You’ll have to forgive me, I don’t recall what you are referencing with “DH”. As far as operation as a smart home monitor system and disarming and arming as a security system using the keypad, yes they seem to work in conjunction together without conflict. If I can find some time to go through some of my net history, maybe I can remember how I got the keypad working. All I can recall is copying someone else’s custom smart app and custom software program. I remember locating it on the site, then playing with it using a lot of trial and error before I got it to connect and work. Once I got it to link up, I had to play with the settings via the custom smart app and hardware settings on my pc before it would work. I’ll let you know if I can find out what I did and figure a way to provide a step by step on it.

John

Quick Update, I got iris 3405 to work !!! ill elaborate later when i have more time to explain what it is i did. Im not sure exactly what was different but stand by. I will post again

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing what you did. Mine has been acting up for over a week. Now I cant even get it to pair with my hub. Was almost ready to give up on Smartthings.

ok i changed a number of things.

1. my batteries were at 11% so I went to lowes to get new batteries. While I was there, the key pads were on sale. I thought I would buy another to see if i can get that one to hook up and if not ill return it… If it did I will return the other.

Waited 30 mins, Im impatient, so I set a timer.

while waiting I found another DH from RudiP

and smart app

I did just as Zach said i should do in post 875. Still no go with the new batteries. The key pad communicated with SHM and the DH for the Keypad looked good up until i tried the keypad. This is when it lost coms and the bottom three buttons cycled the colors. This is where it always became an issue.

So I uninstalled unpaired the first iris keypad and all the previous DHs and SAs.

Nothing to loose at this point I waited another 30 mins (torture) and figured I would try the new keypad. I installed RudiP’s DH and SA.

Paired the new iris keypad. This time I kept the wall mount hooked up on the back of the keypad. Paired with no problems, but so did all the previous attempts.

The first thing I noticed is the device handler looked much cleaner. When I go to My devices and located the Iris keypad the settings page resembled the SHM home page. I did all the same tests I did with the first key pad. Arm/disarm SHM and The keypad all communicated back and forth. (EXCITING) I was still getting the rapid blink network LED. I removed the wall mount plate off the back and that activated the tamper switch. The keypad beeped and the network light stopped blinking.

I went to settings for the keypad and set my entry code. I did not set the routines. This is farther I have ever gotten with the first keypad. I then tried the entry code…Look at that IT WORKED! That was two days ago and its still working.
I don’t have an exit delay, Im not sure if that the SA and i would like to try lock manager to get that feature but ITS working so if it aint broke don’t fix it? Right? NA, I’ll experiment some more soon.

So what exactly went right this time? Im not 100% sure. These are the things i think could have be the issue.

1. The first keypad was hooked up to my IRIS Hub could this have been an issue? I didn’t like how iris charged 9.99 a month for simple commands. So I decided to bail.
  2. Could RudiP’s DH be different then Mitch ponds DH from post 752. it must be why else would they look different?
  3. could the iris keypad manager edited by RudiP be different? I couldn’t tell you as I am not a Groovy guru.
  4. the batteries being low surely had an effect with the first keypad.

So there you have it, my experience with the Iris keypad 3405-L. I hope i don’t screw up the operation of this one but i need to know what went right with this keypad vs the first one. So the tinkering will continue. Please comment. and thanks for all the help from Zach John & Michael. and all others who have been helping me out.
Hope this isn’t too hard to read.

i am trying to copy and past the code in IDE but i keep getting this error.

No signature of method: script14735334887721874066768.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14735334887721874066768$_run_closure1) values: [script14735334887721874066768$_run_closure1@4fc7c3f5] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

can you tell me what i might be doing wrong?

Are you in the right tab of the IDE? i.e. pasting device handler code into a new device handler, not a smart app? Or vice versa.

When your at the github be sure to click the raw image of the code and i suggest to use the command “A” to copy all and command “c” for copy then command “V” to paste. if there is even an extra blank line of code or space you will get an error.
I am not familiar with Groovy so i don’t know what that error means. just that if you get one, you need to check that the copy paste went smoothly.

they way I tell/double check if I copied a “DH” or a “SA” around the 30th line of code you will see

capability "XXXXX"

these are what capabilities tell the hub what the “thing” can do. Then the hub will know how to “handle the device”…DH…Device Handler. Get it? Hope I didn’t just insult anyone. This is just stuff i have picked up on over the last two weeks i have been playing around with the smart things. Hope it helps someone, if I’m wrong please correct me id love to be more educated on this groovy code.

I can confirm that Gregory’s (park63350) fix works very well! I didn’t go through the 30 minute waiting process. Simply added the new device handler and smart app, both by RudiP, changed the device handler in the IDE to RudiP’s (didn’t even bother removing and re-adding the keypad device), and the keypad is working normally again.

To those that want an entry and exit delay, you will have to use Zach’s version of Smart Alarm. Set up smart alarm to have an arm delay, and to arm/disarm/stay the alarm system based on the hub’s status (home, away, etc.). Use RudiP’s keypad manager to allow the keypad to set the hub status.

Final flow of everything looks like this: User enters pin and presses Off/Partial/Away, keypad manager reads the entry and sets the hub status that was set in keypad manager options, smart alarm senses the hub status change and begins the arming delay.

I don’t have an exit or entry delay beep, however. This would be nice, but I’m settling for a functioning keypad again. Also, I miss the notification functionality of User Lock Manager and being able to set different pins to different users, but I haven’t tried ULM with this new device handler yet.

Thought I would give this update to help others out. Thank you Greg!!

Thank you I was pasting the device in the smart app and vise versa on the app.

Does anyone know how to make the keypad make a chime sound when a door is open?

Sadly i don’t think there is a way to make the Key pad chime when the door opens. I Bought a aeon door bell. With this door bell you can load 100 MP3 files. i used text to talk recorded an MP3 to announce “front door open” now instead of a chime i get a lovely voice to tell me which door opens. You can Use SHM “custom” and Aeon doorbell you just tell the speaker which file to play (according to a number) when that switch opens

I also can confirm that @park63350 fix works using RudiP’s DH. I also did not wait the 30 min, I put the batteries in holding the tamper switch and connected the keypad with the app. It was immediately recognized by ST but did have the rapid flashing connect light, I hit the tamper switch one time and boom the keypad beeped and was connected. I’m using my own modified version of mitchponds’s 3400 Manger which seems to be working great. I have noticed the keypad is much more responsive and seems more stable. Thanks @zcorneli and @park63350 for the help! I’m just taking a guess that it was some sort of timing difference between the two DH’s but I’m definitely no expert with groovy, its just a guess.

I finally got around to installing the keypad from a security kit I bought earlier this year. I followed @park63350’s directions and used @RudiP’s DH and SmartApp. I got it to successfully pair and I am getting temperature updates. I can also click the speaker tile in the App and the keypad beeps. I set the routines to use in the SmartApp.

But I cannot get it to arm SHM. I setup the code in the SmartApp. I enabled logging and I don’t see any logging when I enter the code and press Partial or On.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Seems strange that I get temp updates from keypad and I can get it to beep from ST but nothing else works.

@ritchierich is the connection light in the top right corner flashing or do the 3 arm mode buttons lights cycle?

The connection light is not flashing but the off, partial, and on are cycling through in red color.

For all of you that had issues before with my DTH, but have it working with @RudiP 's DTH, can you try removing the keypad, resetting it (via holding the tamper down for 1 second while putting the battery back in), and re-adding it with the following 2 DTH’s?

I’ve made 2 different changes that incorperate the differences in the configure calls between my DTH and @RudiP 's DTH, and want to know which one works (I suspect it’s the timing change, but the ZigbeeID change might also do it, that’s what @mitchp’s original DTH did as well).

Edit: After my own testing, deleted these 2 branches. Please test code from here:

https://github.com/miriad/SmartThingsPublic/tree/keypad-testdelays/devicetypes/mitchpond/centralite-keypad.src

Sadly, my keypad is currently dead (Batteries, I think), so having a hard time checking this myself.

–Zack

So far, I haven’t found a “chime” command (I can make it beep, but not anything different than the normal beep).

If there’s interest, I can edit my version of SmartAlarm to make the keypad chime on any monitored contact sensor opening.

–Zack

1 Like

I should have also asked if the connection light is on or off, if it is off you seem to be having the same problem that several of us were having. I would try changing to Mitch ponds 3400 manager smart app to see if that works first. If it doesn’t I would remove the keypad and all DH and start over. zcorneli just posted two different DH in post 901 that would be worth trying.

I’m on a business trip this week but I will definitely experiment with these when I get home!