CentraLite Keypads

Use the code from here instead (Incorporates the blinking fix, plus a number of new features):

–Zack

1 Like

Thank @zcorneli, but that code is still throwing errors. Have you seen this from anyone else who has tried to install it recently? Error:

“groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1469869713130781342300.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1469869713130781342300$_run_closure1) values: [script1469869713130781342300$_run_closure1@378867a2]
Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)”

I haven’t seen anyone else commenting on a similar issue, and haven’t seen it myself (I just re-installed that code yesterday myself).

Are you sure you’re installing that as a device type handler, and not as a smartapp?

1 Like

Thanks @zcorneli, you were right, I was trying to use the code in the smartapp tab not device handler. It doesn’t throw any errors when I install it as a device type handler now. This may be a stupid question, but how do I get this to show up in the SmartThings app now? When I added the keypad manager as a smart app before it appears in Marketplace > SmartApps > My Apps , but after publishing the device type handler it’s not showing up anywhere.

If you haven’t yet, you can just pair the device, and it should auto-detect
the device type.

If you’ve already paired the keypad (And its showing up as “Thing”), you
can go to the “My Devices” tab of the graph API (Where you installed the
code), select the keypad, and then click edit, and change the device type
to match the handler.

Dont forget you need a smart app to handle the code for the key pad. If you don’t it will show but you can’t do anything with it. If you only need to use one code 3400-X Keypad Manager works well.

So my batteries on my keypad just died… After putting new ones in, now it is no longer working. I installed this so long ago and it always worked perfectly. Is there any quick way to get it going again, after putting new batteries in?

Thanks ks in advance

What’s it doing? What lights are lit / cycling, if any?

I got another today as it was on sale for 29.99. paired up in seconds.

Leave the batteries out for at least 15 min, put fresh ones in. See if that fixes it.

Other thing I would do is go through each setting in the App you are using to handle the keypad. DB Corruptions at ST they don’t acknowledge kill smart app configurations.

Hey guys, New to the forum. I just added the DTH and paired the keypad to the system. All looks to be good. Device was found and connected easily enough. When added, I can hit the Test button in the application (iOS) and the keypad will beep. It is receiving the Battery and Temperature readings from the keypad. I have installed the 3400-X Keypad Manager and published it. It allows me to configure the application using a simple pin of 1234. I do not see the update from Smarting to the device. I see the system sending the update to the mode when I set the system to Partial or on, but I am not seeing anything change on the keypad.

On the keypad, I see the Green Iris, the Network icon is off, and the mode buttons are blinking back and forth. Any ideas? I have removed and re-added the keypad. Removed and re-installed the DTH and Smart App. I have also tried the 3400-X Key Manager and the User Lock Manager, but no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the last try using the User Lock Manager:

Date
Source
Type
Name
Value
User
Displayed Text
Changed
2016-08-15 2:50:19.997 PM CDT
moments ago
COMMAND

updateCodes

updateCodes([["code1”,”XXXX”],[“code2”,”XXXX”],[“code3”,”XXXX”],[“code4”,”XXXX”]]) command was sent to Front Keypad
true
2016-08-15 2:50:19.538 PM CDT
moments ago
APP_COMMAND

updateCodes

true
2016-08-15 2:50:18.915 PM CDT
moments ago
COMMAND

updateCodes

updateCodes([["code1”,”XXXX”],[“code2”,”XXXX”],[“code3”,”XXXX”],[“code4”,”XXXX”]]) command was sent to Front Keypad
true
2016-08-15 2:50:18.480 PM CDT
moments ago
APP_COMMAND

updateCodes

true
2016-08-15 2:48:40.348 PM CDT
moments ago
DEVICE
ENTITY_UPDATE
DeviceUpdated

false
2016-08-15 2:45:51.227 PM CDT
moments ago
DEVICE
ENTITY_UPDATE
DeviceUpdated

false
2016-08-15 2:45:44.968 PM CDT
5 minutes ago
DEVICE
ENTITY_UPDATE
DeviceUpdated

false
2016-08-15 2:45:23.671 PM CDT
5 minutes ago
COMMAND

configure

configure command was sent to Iris 3405-L Keypad
true
2016-08-15 2:45:22.053 PM CDT
5 minutes ago
DEVICE
ENTITY_UPDATE
DeviceCreated

false

Hello,

I have removed the keypad, DTH, and User Lock Manager. I then re-added the DTH from post 752 and the User Lock Manager from the same. I followed their instructions in that post.

• Added DTH
  • Added Device
  • Configured the SmartApp, selecting the keypad as the lock, 4 users with different codes (enabling all of them), and selecting the Keypad for Keypad Info.
  • Changed mode from disarm to Partial and back to disarm.
  • Went into the Device and hit the configure button.

For a time, the change of modes would show up on the keypad correctly. I tried to change the mode from disarm to Partial from the keypad by entering one of the codes and hitting Partial. I heard what I think was an error code, and now the mode buttons on the keypad are blinking again. And if I change the mode from the application on my phone, it does not reflect on the keypad. The Iris will change to Red, but the mode buttons on the bottom cycle through. If I put the system into disarm, the Iris will go green. But, the network icon is not lit at all now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Terry

@netechsys,

After adding the device, I assume the network light is flashing green, until you try and put in a code?

I think (I’m not 100% sure on this still), this indicates that the keypad isn’t done joining yet. Normally for my keypad, the solution for this is to trigger the tamper switch on the back (the little switch button under where the mounting triangle goes) while its flashing green, then wait a few minutes (Sometimes up to 15 minutes, depending on response times), after which the keypad should beep, and the network light will either go out, or go solid, and codes should work.

If you watch the live logging (On the same page where you added the DTH, its another tab at the top), while you add the device, you might see something about it sending an IAS Enroll Response, which is what needs to happen.

–Zack

1 Like

@zcorneli,

Thanks for the pointer. I did try it again today, and have left the keypad sit. So, I did:

• Added DTH
  • Added Device
  • Configured the Smartapp selecting Keypad as lock and 2 users. Selected Keypad for the Keypad info.
  • Changed mode from Disarm to Partial (Wait for change), and back to Disarm (Wait for change.)
  • Went into the device and hit the configure button.
  • Waited…

It is now about an 1.5 hours since that was completed, and the Network icon is still blinking, one short, one long. But, the mode is shown on the mode buttons. And the Iris icon changes color to the mode… But, the Network is still flashing. I Don’t want to do anything, but I don’t think it is going to work.

Any other ideas?

-Terry

@netechsys,

While its flashing like that, hit the tamper switch on the back of the keypad. It should trigger the IAS Zone Enroll, which is what’s missing at this point.

You might need to hit it within the first couple of minutes after pairing, so you might want to remove the device (You can leave the DTH in place), wait 30 minutes, reset the keypad (Take the batteries out, hold the tamper switch, put 1 battery in, let the tamper switch go 2 seconds later), then re-add the keypad, wait for it to settle a couple of minutes, then if the network light is still blinking, tap the tamper switch twice to try and get it to send the IAS Zone Enroll.

–Zack

@zcorneli,

Thanks. Do I do this prior to doing the SmartApp and the Config? I will try that now.

-Terry

@zcorneli,

Ok, I tried that. I can not get it to send the IAS Zone Enroll. I have removed it a few times and re added it.

What is the process I should be using? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Terry

That’s been whats worked for me in the past. The keys for me have been:

Make sure to wait at least 30 minutes from deleting the device from SmartThings (Their “quick re-add” doesn’t go through the full configure process)
Reset the device by taking out the batteries, and holding the tamper switch when putting 1 battery back in (releasing 1 second after putting the battery back in). Might as well do this right when you remove it from SmartThings, just in case it has any form of memory too.
If the device doesn’t beep at you within 2 minutes of pairing, tap the tamper switch to try and get it to re-join the IAS group. Start with 1 quick tap, wait 2 minutes, if still no beep, 2 quick taps, wait 2 minutes, if still no beep, 5 quick taps (These are ever increasing forcefulness of telling the keypad to fix itself).

Normally, the pairing actions themselves should be done with the little mounting triangle in-place (Or with the keypad on the wall if you already have the triangle mounted). Only in the case the initial pairing doesn’t work right (no beep after 2 minutes) should you pop the triangle out, and then press the tamper switch that sits under the triangle.

–Zack

@zcorneli,

Ok, I have to be missing something easy, or I have a bad device. Last time to try this, and then I will give up. Question, when you add the device, What is the exact process you use? When are you configuring the smart app and doing the mode change/configure from the device?

I did the add, and it finds the device quickly. I tried leaving it for 2-3 mins, no beep. (With the triangle in.) I removed the triangle, hit the tamper switch, and put the triangle back in. Waited 2-3 min, no beep so remove the triangle, hit the tamper switch 2 times and put the triangle back in. Wait again, repeat with 5 hits. Wait and repeat doing 7 hits. Wait, repeat again hitting 10 times. This time, the Network icon went solid, but no beep and no IAS Zone Enroll message.

At this time, thinking I was good, I did the Smart App User Lock Manager with 1 code and did the configure button in the device. Now, the Network icon does not light up, and the Iris only showed green.

In advance, Thank you for your help! I hope I can get this to work, as this is a function that I miss from the Iris system I replaced. This is the only thing that Iris had, that ST is having an issue with. And now that ST is offering professional monitoring, I wonder how they want to handle this…

-Terry

@netechsys

That’s everything I would have done, in the same order, with the same assumptions.

So:

When I originally configured the device, it was pretty dependent on timings working right, in order to function. I reduced the timings back a bit, in order to be closer to what @mitchp had originally (Mostly for patch compatibility). If SmartThings has slightly different timings (Different processing speed), this could make it unresponsive.

You can try the DTH from here, which has the timings I originally had in order to get this keypad working for me. I’m not sure it’ll work, but its worth a shot.