SmartThings Community

CentraLite Keypads

keypad
dth_security
(Realy Living Dream) #21

I " think" somebody wrote an app for that, Advanced lock something or other . I stumbled across it once, but haven’t been able to find it again. Entering different codes into the keypad of the lock would actually set different routines.

(Ben Lebson) #22

I have it set up in lock code manager to change mode and then have the ‘I’m Back’ routine disarm the SHM. The issue I’m having right now is arming the SHM because not everyone in the house has a presence device (I have renters).

(Realy Living Dream) #23

Tenants with lost/extra keys showing up is what got me into HA to begin with

1 Like
(Paul) #24

I think of this as being useful for maybe a non family member. Like maybe someone who has a key to the house, that you could provide an “Alarm Code”. Allow them to disarm. For people in the Family I would expect that you would not need to disarm very often. My system sets to Home/Disarmed when family members arrive. And sets to Armed (Stay) when the “Goodnight” Activity is kicked off, either manually or when things calm down. And then sets to Armed (Away) when everyone is gone. I think this is pretty standard for most.

What other uses can people think of? Maybe family members who do not have presence sensors?

(D) #25

Fantastic!! Thank you for releasing this. I can’t wait for my keypad to arrive! Hurry up eBay (international shipping to the UK!)

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #26

Got this cooking on one. Awesome for kids to have a “Thing you know” that can disarm the system when/before they enter.

EDIT:

Unfortuanately it stopped working. No idea why. There ended up being two of the apps attached to the device, when I noticed this, I removed one then the keypad stopped working.

I have two keypads, never got the second one working. Keep trying each of them. Resetting. Readding. Nothing yet.

Any tips for troubleshooting or precise steps that others have followed with luck to get one of these working?

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #27

Ideas:

Notify when bad codes are entered X times without success.
Multiple codes.
Notifications User X disarmed. User X Armed. Based on codes assigned to users.

(Ben Lebson) #28

I like these ideas, bonus points if you can tie it in (somehow) with the profiles saved in the Lock Code Manager smartapp…

1 Like
(Never Trust @bamarayne) #29

Okay maybe some kind soul can help someone very technical, but never focused on this type of technical work figure this issue out. Troubleshooting the problem I have been encountering I have found live logging is displaying errors as it processes the keypad manager and I am just out of my area of expertise with this code.

I also can dump the device logs, but they don’t look like there are errors there, also I can’t decode enough to be sure it’s not the device handler…

I still suspect this has to do with the pairing or configuration of the device as this code is copy/paste and it worked once briefly, and apparently works for others.

a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:55 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.acknowledgeArmRequest() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [0] @ line 105
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:55 PM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to off
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:55 PM: debug Caught code entry event! 2580
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:31 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.acknowledgeArmRequest() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [3] @ line 105
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:31 PM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to away
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:22:31 PM: debug Caught code entry event! 2580
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:21:29 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setArmedStay() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 76
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:21:29 PM: debug Keypad manager caught alarm status change: stay
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:26 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.acknowledgeArmRequest() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [0] @ line 105
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:26 PM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to off
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:26 PM: debug Caught code entry event! 2580
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:06 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.acknowledgeArmRequest() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [3] @ line 105
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:05 PM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to away
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:19:05 PM: debug Caught code entry event! 2580
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:18:38 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.acknowledgeArmRequest() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [0] @ line 105
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:18:38 PM: debug Correct PIN entered. Change SHM state to off
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:18:38 PM: debug Caught code entry event! 2580
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:18:18 PM: debug Updated with settings: [pin:2580, keypad:19b23da4-c123-4e30-9f20-ea721b3db8ff]
a81c1b2f-2c0f-4624-9fd9-57dfa9ea7f0c 10:18:18 PM: debug Installed with settings: [pin:2580, keypad:19b23da4-c123-4e30-9f20-ea721b3db8ff]

(Scott Windmiller) #30

Where did you get the keypad? Are you sure it’s the same one?
Not sure I can help much but I would try starting completely over if I were you. Remove all keypads, all copies of the smartapp and the device handler.
Reset both keypads back to factory, it’s in the manual, I think it’s the back button for so long. Then add the device handler and smartapp to the ide, pair one keypad and see if you can get that working. We can compare logs if you think that will help.
It sounds like I am as technical as you but just not with this…lol

(Scott Windmiller) #31

A second thought is: you may be the first of us to have 2 of these and I’m not sure the smartapp can handle 2, I could be wrong though. Worst case I don’t see why you would not be able install 2 copies of the smart app (one for each keypad) but I would start getting one to work first.

(Mitch Pond) #32

Hmm…I wasn’t seeing that on mine… I’ll check into that later today.

I set the smart app to disallow multiple keypads for the same instance as I only have one to test with. Multiple keypads in one app would be doable, but I would need to do some rework on the code. You should be able to install more than one instance of the app, just try not to bind it to the same keypad. Not sure how that would behave.

Sidenote: one thing that helped me with reliability was to reset the keypad once it was in it’s “home” position and re-pair. CentraLite/Comcast also advise in the manual that moving it after setup could cause issues. It hadn’t occurred to me at the time that I may have been causing routing issues by moving it from room to room while coding…

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #33

Thanks Mitch.

Not your responsibility, but will provide whatever debugs/logs/access required if you have time to troubleshoot. This is an amazing offering, something that was immediately missing to make this work for a household with 10/11 y/o kids.

Swindmiler -

Thank you. I do only have one keypad connected at this time. I have stripped everything down as far as I could, I think that the DH would not let me remove completey - kept saying it was in use which was odd as I could not find out where/how/why.

Will try to attack that issue again.

There were labeled as Xfinity on ebay. I don’t know how to verify what they are other than how they were labeled there.

EDIT:

Okay.
Removed DH and App. Rebooted Hub.
Added new DH and App.
Added one keypad. No battery showing. Hit config. Wait for battery to show.
Add SmartApp.
Hit codes.
Same errors in the in the live log as before.

:frowning:

Not sure what magic I was able to hit upon when the one was working there for a short period but it was wonderful while it lasted.

For the record, I am new to SmartThings, but I have 54 things, custom DHs and Custom Apps working across the install. Not that I am an expert, but am figuring plenty out here.

(Scott Windmiller) #34

Yeah, this may be up to @mitchp to help. I was trying to assist as I am sure he is busy, hopefully he figures it out based on the log you posted.

Have you tried a different code? I posted up a little that I was trying to use a code that started with a zero and that caused issues. Its a longshot but I figured I would mention it.

One other thing is I assume you have Smart Home Monitor completely configured, right? You went through the whole config process for it?
Also does the keypad show the correct state when you arm or disarm through the app? I am able to Arm/Disarm through the ST app then in a second or two (its really fast) check the keypad by waving my hand over it or even just picking it up to see that the correct mode is set. I wonder if that part is working.

Scott

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #35

I will try another code, but this code was working when it worked briefly.

Yes SHM is fully configured and working. When the keypad worked it did show the status updates - just as you described. Really slick stuff.

(Scott Windmiller) #36

Yeah, sorry, I am just grasping a straws now. I was more curious if the keypad updated when you changed the mode through the app when the keypad wasn’t working but it looks like it was only doing that when the keypad was working.

I hope it gets figured out for you, sorry I could not help more.

(Never Trust @bamarayne) #37

NP, thanks for throwing in ideas.

I did change the code and the code change was successful. I get the same execution errors, however, with the new code.

(Scott Windmiller) #38

Since its a zigbee keypad it may not hurt to perform a zigbee repair:

ZIGBEE HEAL: UNPLUG AND PLAY   

For zigbee, healing the networks occurs automatically whenever the 
hub is powered off for about 15 minutes or more. It may take an hour or 
two before the routing tables rebuild completely, but you don't have to 
do anything other than unplug the hub, wait at least 15 minutes, and 
then plug it back in.
(Mitch Pond) #39

I cannot duplicate this bug. The code I’m using at home is the same as what’s published to Github. That exception should not be thrown. Make sure you have the latest code installed for the smartapp and the device.

2 Likes
(Never Trust @bamarayne) #40

Thanks Mitch.

Supremely confident the code is what is published to github, it’s my only source for it of course - and I have meticulously ensured the code matches by MD5ing it.

In fact, this evening:

Removed SA and DH.
Turned off the hub for an hour, turned back on. (Per Scott’s zigbee healing and a chance to shake out any ghosts)
Readded DH and SA
Rejoined a Keypad. Added SA.
Same results.

Would love to get this working, it’s great needed addition. Wondering how many folks have tried and were successful.