CentraLite Keypads

yea, input of deviceTypeName used to work, about three or four weeks ago, it doesn’t now, on android at least.
Just another platform update bonus “feature”…
I’m feeling like anything to do with custom device(s) types, and specifically child devices is pretty much fubard at the moment.
there’s so many things in my environment that worked just fine 2-3 weeks ago, and don’t work now that I seriously can’t keep track of them, and none of them show any indication of error other than not working or crashing the app…

1 Like

Thanks guys was able to load, will see how it works when i get home.

Kudos to you.

I just finished messing around with the new code. It’s working flawlessly! I’ve created a modified version of @ethayer’s User Lock Manager which adds keypad support and an Arm delay (in seconds). As of right now there is no way to add a disarm delay…

Let me know if this code works for you guys!

2 Likes

That lock manager code is beautiful. I’d like to contribute to that at some point as you have, I wonder if @ethayer is taking enhancements?

Specifically:

1. Keypad may need to take multiple keypads. Not too hard.
  2. Routine may need to take other routines, or restrictions. I’m not sure how to handle this, but the number of modes I have make it hard to just use a couple of routines to arm/disarm. Have to think on this generically.
  3. Keypad may need some null safe operators put in there for users that don’t use keypads.

BOOM.

Okay, I ordered an iphone yesterday to get these keypads installed, then this code works!

Thanks Brian.

This is awesome

Thanks to everyone… specifically Brian and our OP… this is now working for me.

Having this working device type and smart app we can really have some awesome functionality.

I love where we are going with the Lock Code Manager. I use a lock code manager for my smart locks in fact, so it makes sense here.

Some quick ideas:

1. Ability to toggle a function that disables any sirens / alerts from triggered alarms via the disarm code or secondary code. This gives non-privileged users or children the ability to execute specific commands without having the app or other access - authenticated by something they know.

2. Ability to choose a routine to execute when you ‘Arm’ or ‘Disarm’ - giving us options to tie to these buttons in addition to arming away/arming stay/disarm. Example - when I leave I normally execute a routine which does many things including arm the system.

3. Lock code management - already in the works. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Okay setup the Lock Code Management app on my second keypad and it’s provide much of this functionality already. This is superb.

2 Likes

One question.

Where do you enter the code for the keypad on this smartapp

Two functions I am not getting to operate:

Code Usage Counts
Notifications

This is an awesome app to pair with the keypads. Thank You!

EDIT: I did install two separate instances of the app for each of my keypads, as I wasn’t able to determine how to get one app to work with both keypads.

My part was very small, I just happen to be Android-centric.

This community is excellent, I really believe ST architecture allows collaboration to push the platform far/fast. It’s fun to see.

4 Likes

I just added Code Usage Count (increments the existing count for door unlocks) and added notifications. I also allowed you to select multiple keypads but I’m not sure if it will work properly or not. I’m not at home to test it out so let me know if you have any issues.

1 Like

Ben -

Awesome. Thank you.

I did remove the old app, republish and attach to a single keypad - I have not tried multiple keypads yet with the new code.

I was not able to get a notification or a usage count when I tried a new code with the keypad - it did function to arm and disarm however.

be glad to grab additional information or logs if it is helpful.

Which lock code is the one that is used by the keypad (first location) Reason i ask is i have multiple codes set for the lock portion. Or do i use a separate instancc for the lock and the keypad?

It will use all of the codes that are currently enabled in the User Lock Manager SmartApp. If you want to have it only for specific codes then I would create a separate instance of the SmartApp only for those codes.

I’m looking into it now, there’s not much in the way of logging right now so I’ll have to push a new version for you to test.

When you talk about notifications what do you specifically mean? Notification messages, push notifications, SMS or all of the above?

Even better in other words it will tell me who disarmed and based on the individual i can do different things. Great thanks.

It should send notifications but @JH1 said it’s currently not working. I’m looking into it right now…

Hey, grab my updated code below. It should work for Code Usage now. Also I added some debugging for the notifications. Please be sure to enable notifications within the Notifications menu. Let me know if it still doesn’t work and then I’ll have you post the log.

AWESOME.

Progress. Usage count is now incrementing. And nottfications are working. The notification I am getting however says, for example:

Keypad Frontdoor was armed to ‘Away’ by null.

Null being the variable not identifying the user based on the code.

Alright, should be good to go now.

@blebson

Could you also start a topic in the community created smart apps forum section for your keypad manager? That way you can put the most current github link in the first post there and it will always be up-to-date and easy for people to find.

https://community.smartthings.com/c/projects-stories/created-smart-apps

Also, many people will start with the smart apps section rather than the device type section so while I think it’s very good to keep these two threads referencing each other, I do think it’s helpful to have two.

Great work on this by the way! :sunglasses: