CentraLite Keypads

Can’t wait for those!!

I just tried installing the SmartApp with the new Android App (2.0.4) and it’s still having issues. I’ve checked in multiple times with support in regards to my open ticket and they still don’t have any resolution.

Correct, although they are working on it this and adding a user were not part of the fixes released today. I can confirm however both of these issues are currently being actively worked on according to support.

I can confirm that android app 2.0.4 still doesn’t let me configure keypad.

log:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.setDisarmed() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 83
so maybe not android problem.

this is while setting it up on Android or iOS?

it is android app 2.0.4 released 3 hours ago
but log is from graph.api.smartthings.com

It’s an Adroid issue. Had it and had to use the wifes Crapple to install the app.

well. then i have to wait until new version. Apple is not option for me.

Basically when associating the keypad to the smartapp within android it will set the device type and device ID incorrectly. This issue is known to ST and they are currently working on finding a solution. At this point unfortunately the only solution is to install the app with an iOS device.

just borrow a friends phone for 5 minutes to install it. Once installed it works on Android just fine.

I really do not know anybody with iphone.

Isn’t here any manual workaround?
Like change id to correct one?

There is no known workaround that I could find, I used my mother in laws IPad.

Is there anyone here who currently uses @ethayer’s User Lock Manager who can test my modified version of his code to add keypad support? I currently don’t have an iOS device to test it with and the simulator is being funky.

1 Like

"SmartThings 2.0.5 includes bug fixes and overall performance improvements for enhanced stability."
Not this one bug.

I hate to be so negative but if you think this bug is gonna be fixed anytime in the near future, it isn’t gonna happen. They have a number of much higher priority bugs and such that have been waiting much longer.

Since we know these devices are being tested for official compatibility by SmartThings staff as well, I think we can be hopeful that the Bug will be fixed when they’re ready to release an official device type. But who knows when?

2 Likes

Yep. They have plenty of automatic reports from android app crash. I guess they go first after most common and supported devices. Keypad is not supported yet and it will be unlikely fixed in near future.

I’m not so sure I’ve gotten emails from support 5 out of the past 7 days asking for more information about this bug. So I’m thinking they are at least working on it.

As to when it will be fixed, who knows but something is happening with my ticket.

1 Like

I want to work on this Keypad device over the weekend to make it work for Android, but may not be able to…

Anyone look in their logs when the device crashes and see what the error is? Likely to be label string vs value as all the Android device type problems are…