SmartThings Community

CentraLite Keypads

You need to device driver in IDE

Add the device type linked in the first post of this thread. That should let you add the keypad. It might not automatically associate the keypad and instead find it as a generic ‘Thing’ at which point you’d have to manually associate the device type within IDE.

Correct.

The centralite xfinitys identify better when adding them.

The Iris, detects as a THING, and, at least for me, the detection NEVER completes. You put it in add new device mode and it will never say it found anything. I have to cancel it then, the app shows a newly detected, incomplete device as a THING, you click that to configure it.

Once that is done, you need to go into IDE and change the device type to the custom DH that OP provided.

That’s as clear as mud. I am sure. But it’s free. So there is that.

If someone wants to send me the fingerprint (raw description from the IDE) I can add that to the device type and it should identify correctly. Not sure if they’re 100% compatible, but there seems to be enough consensus that they work fine with my device type that I’d be comfortable with that.

1 Like

Hey Mitch

Thanks for the DH. :smile:

Raw description for my Iris Keypad:

01 0104 0401 00 09 0000 0001 0003 0020 0402 0500 0501 0B05 FC04 02 0019 0501

For anyone considering mounting one of these outside… where they don’t have a built in feature to protect it from weather, I ended up with this:

Using this:

Far to ugly to be visible from the street. Any keypad would, IMO. So mine is hidden on the back of a brick pillar.

This unit is just the perfect height and depth - to mount using the cleat system on these, this just barely is able to accommodate the centralite keypad. Depth, tiny bit of clearance. Width… could use some trimming up, but this was as close of perfect fit size as I could find when I looked around.

Happy with the results

3 Likes

Question… I have the Centralite (not the Iris version) installed for some reason, the home button keeps identifying as goodnight. I have another keypad that works fine with the smart app i used to set this one up. Any suggestions?

Remove non working keypad from system and pair it again.

1 Like

I did it twice. Still incorrect state for disarm button. I re-copied the code from the first smart app in this thread and now instead of asking what keypad to control, it’s only letting me choose my door lock. I need to stop touching this stuff! I keep breaking everything.

are you using two different models of keypad?
Is actually smartapp you are using supporting 2 keypads?

two models, 1 instance of the app for each keypad

Do you mean when you hit the ‘Arm Stay’ button it arms it is ‘night’ mode instead?

Does yours look like this?:

1 Like

Yes. I finally realized that I wasn’t thinking about it correctly. It is performing as it should, I just wasn’t paying attention. Enter the code only to disarm, tap away or stay/night then code to arm. I kept trying to assign the disarm to a button. Thanks!

Don’t feel bad…I did the same when I first got it. I’ve never had an alarm before so everything was new :smile:

1 Like

I got the app installed and the device is showing up on my device list but my security modes aren’t changing. What steps did you take to get the iris to work?

What shows up in the logging when you try ? I haven’t made any changes to my smartapp or device type since I added it. I know there have been many changes to it since then.

1 Like

What have you done so far? Did the iris one today and is working well.

I’m not seeing events are actually being passed… I think (sorry I’m a total noob). But I’ve pasted my log below (from the live logging section of the ide). The curious thing is that on the device in the app I can see the temperature, the battery level, and the status (armed away, disarmed, etc). Also on the physical device itself the “IRIS” logo does change from green to red depending on the mode I’m in. Its just when I type in my code the mode doesn’t change on smart things. Maybe I’m typing the mode in wrong? I’ve tried hitting the “off/partial/on” buttons and then typing in my code and I’ve done the reverse where I’ll type in my code and then hit one of the buttons but nothing seems to work.

f938ebe5-b106-4690-ae89-b300e586bfc3 8:28:35 PM: debug getDevices, params: [appId:f938ebe5-b106-4690-ae89-b300e586bfc3, param1:devices, action:[GET:executeSmartAppGet, POST:executeSmartAppPost, PUT:executeSmartAppPut, DELETE:executeSmartAppDelete, OPTIONS:executeSmartAppOptions], controller:smartAppApi]
f938ebe5-b106-4690-ae89-b300e586bfc3 8:28:05 PM: debug getDevices, params: [appId:f938ebe5-b106-4690-ae89-b300e586bfc3, param1:devices, action:[GET:executeSmartAppGet, POST:executeSmartAppPost, PUT:executeSmartAppPut, DELETE:executeSmartAppDelete, OPTIONS:executeSmartAppOptions], controller:smartAppApi] 8:27:59 PM: info Waiting on events…
8:27:59 PM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
8:27:59 PM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

The mode isn’t changing? Are you using it to run routines specific to SHM? Or are you just using it to set the state of SHM?

You said the mode doesn’t change on smartthings? I’m assuming you mean in the app? The mode status in the app has been glitchy lately and hasn’t been corresponding with the actual mode that the system is in. Just checking to see exactly what you mean.