Ceiling fan controller?

Sure do.

If anyone is wondering why I am using relays its because this could be done using transistors only. Here’s why. When I installed my fans back in 2014 I for some reason put all the code pins on for fan 0, pin 1 off and 2-4 on for fan 1 and so on. So I had to use a relay that is Normaly Closed. So when it was triggered it was actually opening the circurt. It was a decision on if I wanted to just use relays on my board or pull down the fans. You can guess what won.

This has been working good for a while. I just change the battery every so often and I’m good. My next project I want to do with a photon is connected to a Nextion display connected to a photon placed within an electrical box. With my new Ecovent system I want to have a display to send API commands to smartthings, to control the lights and fans, and also control the Ecovent room temps. It would be a decent project if I can figure it out. The photon is $20 and the Nextion is $10. Most of my projects I make working off of others projects to learn the code. Right now there’s no one who wrote a project that uses the Nextion with a photon and also no projects that send commands to smartthings from a photon. Just sending commands from smartthings to photon. If anyone knows any code let me know and I’ll get working.

2 Likes