Cant Turn Off Alarm Since Platform is down

Grr, any workarounds to turn my alarm off??

1 Like

None that I can write in polite companyā€¦

Sorry for the trouble. Which model was it? Most of them have a hardware button.

1 Like

I have 3 of these in various parts of my house.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_422360-45367-TSE07-1_0__?productId=50038872

I couldnā€™t Disarm SHM! It was stuck in the ā€œArmed (Away)ā€ status, the only way that i could disarm it was to hit ā€œArm (Stay)ā€ first then Disarm.

1 Like

My alarm is still stuck in armed away. I cannot change it on any device from any user. I have to turn off the siren and wait for Scout to call, give them my passcode, just to keep the cops from coming every time I take my dogs out. This, combined with the official status of ā€˜everything is fineā€™ while this is still going on (meaning they do not acknowledge a large number of us are still having problems), is enough to make me strongly consider switching platforms today.

1 Like

Yep this happened to me a few times too. Some combo of monkey-like button presses, app quitting, etc made it finally disarm.

Nothing personal, but I canā€™t believe folks are being suckered into that Scout contract.

Itā€™s no longer surprising that SmartThings would move ahead with that partnership even with the reliability issues, but Iā€™d definitely demand a full refund.

1 Like

HA!!! : )