Can't remember where these smart apps came from

I have a couple smartapps in my mobile app and I’d like to replicate them.

For example, I have one called “Front Porch Activity” which monitors for motion on my front porch via a camera and sends me a push notification.

I have another one called “Notify Me When” which is currently set to notify me when a door sensor is open.

They both a have professional looking icons so I’m assuming they are built in smartapps but when I click + button I don’t see anything that looks remotely like them.

I can’t remember where these came from originally and I can find no way to add another instance of them to monitor other activities. Do these SmartApps look familar to anyone else and can you please let me know how I can add additional instances for other devices in my home?

I feel like I’m going crazy, since I added them at some point but can’t for the life of me remember how.

Notify Me When was a popular custom smartapp In the Classic app. It was discontinued with the move to the new app and regrettably not all of its functionality was replicated in the official features. :disappointed_relieved: If you had it before, you still have it, but it’s no longer available for new installs. There are some alternatives:

FAQ: Get a Notification if Something is Left On, Open, or Unlocked for X Minutes (2020)

1 Like

Can “Notify Me When” be added from IDE? Smartapps > + smartapp > from template > notify me when

Not that I would recommend using it :slight_smile:

Thanks, I guess that must be the same for the other smartapp but I’m not sure what it was originally called since inside the settings you can give it a custom name. At least I know I’m not crazy.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help you find the original name of the smartapp.
Enter IDE / Locations / installed smartapps, if you see the app there click on “update” and you will see the original name of the app below the custom one. As in this capture.

1 Like