Can't register Smartthings Hub over Wifi

ST m# IM6001-V3P01

I have factory reset the unit, and I have closed and reopened the app. Even restarted my phone. The router sees the Hub and it’s allowed access. Can ping it. It won’t register. I tried using cellular data instead and took off any wifi. Looking for last ditch help or it’s going back to the store.

what is the color of the led light on the hub? and you are using the SmartThings app and not the SmartThings Classic app?

1 Like

Still flashing red and green

flashing red/green is a good sign…

try reading this support page to see if it helps…

but @Brad_ST will get you up and running :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the rough first introduction!

When you scan the code does the app return an error?

flashing, but it still says Couldn’t register hub no matter how many times I retry.

No error, let’s me continue the setup

@Flynn I think there may be an issue on our end. I will keep you posted but would recommend taking a break while we investigate.

https://status.smartthings.com/incidents/9ztl4m7slpjz

There are no known workarounds at this time.

I’m not sure this is related, but I’m experiencing an outage of my SmartThings Wifi mesh network which is also serving as my SmartThings Hub.

Around the same time last night that Samsung reported an outage affecting their 2018 hubs, my mesh with 7 satellites went out. It’s flashing red. My wifi mesh serves as my SmartThings hub, so my entire house (with 220+ devices and 8 ActionTiles panels) is down and I have no wifi.

Any clues or recommendations are appreciated.

This issue was limited only to Hub v3 hardware.

Are you back online or still having issues with your ST Wifi?

back online

1 Like

Went and bought a ST hub and an echo to go with my Yale Zwave deadbolt. Plugged the hub in and tried to download ST app on my Android 8 Samsung Galaxy J3 V (ST says it works on Android 6 and above). I get the message that it is incompatible with my device. I’m told either my ram needs to be 2G or better and the Bluetooth needs to be platform 4 or better. Way to go Samsung could have saved me a hassle of buying then returning if you had listed won’t work with other Samsung products. Every time I buy Samsung I regret it. I’ve had problems with a Refrigerator, a TV, Now a Phone and a Hub. I don’t think I’ll buy Samsung again

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.