Can't deselect sunset / sunrise mode in Hello, Home

I originally selected “sunset” as the time to perform the “Good Night” function, but I’d like to change that to a specific time. However, I can’t seem to find any instructions or a way to deselect the “At sunrise or sunset…” selection in the “Automatically perform Good Night when…” section. I get an “oops!” error if I simply deselect sunset and try to exit, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to deselect the green arrow from the right side of the screen.

I apologize for the elementary question, but in searching I wasn’t able to find any information on this problem either - if you know how to eliminate the sunset trigger, I’d definitely appreciate the tip!

Yeah, I had to ask support about that one, too. They told me you have to deselect it, then tap UNINSTALL at the bottom of that page (but not anywhere else in the Hello Home Action.)

Which to be honest terrified me, so I never tried it. :scream:

Ah, I see - I was more than a bit worried about trying the “uninstall” button, but I just did it appears to have worked. Thank you so much, that was definitely not intuitive!

(Bruce) #4

Uninstall is harmless with Hello Home phrases. They aren’t magical things that vanish. You can uninstall them, and then create a new one with the same name. They have no special built-in properties, they are just SmartApps with a special place in the mobile app.

They’re smartapps with a UI. That’s pretty special. :wink:

But my concern was the amount of time it took me to set all the parameters to begin with. (I’m quadriparetic.). I didn’t want to have to start all over.