Can't delete smartapp

Weird, I see all of my SmartApps there … Dropcam, Hue, IFTTT, Sonos … Used to have Harmony there but I’m sure we all know the story behind why it’s not lol

All have uninstall on the right hand side of each one with link to uninstall

That is strange because I too see all of my apps, and none of them have such a link. Not even the apps that are working.

BTW - I switched my browser as well just in case that was the problem. It wasn’t.

I figured it out… Was bugging me too… You have to click on edit first!

5 Likes

I had a similar problem. I tried installing the ecobee connect in the labs, was getting not authorized when I would execute, therefore no option to uninstall even though it was in my smartapps list. The IDE was telling me users have it installed so i couldn’t delete. For this I just changed the code to a simple on/off app, then was able to uninstall.

I had a few other smart apps I wrote to test things, they wouldn’t let me delete for the same reason but weren’t listed under the MY Locations, turns out they were installed in the simulator. Ran it in the Sim then hit uninstall, then to the app settings to delete.

Thank you! Thank you! I’ve been trying to delete a device and device type all day with no success. Your suggestion for changing it to a switch worked!

pd_

Did you ever get the apps uninstalled? I’m having the same problem, and it keeps creating new instances that I can’t uninstall!

Yes, but support had to do it for me.

I was able to do it, based on revisiting a suggestion from another reply. In the IDE, I went to My Locations, clicked on List SmartApps, and at the top of the next screen is an “Edit” button. Clicking that put an “Uninstall” red button next to the SmartApps, and that worked.

5 Likes

This worked perfect, thanks.

I’m having the same problem.

Ecobee (Connect) is installed as a smartapp on my phone, but I can’t open it (It thinks, and then stops). So I tried uninstalling from the IDE (Website), but that tells me that it can’t be deleted because it’s installed by a user.

I’ve tried running it in the ‘simulator’, but that has been loading for several minutes now. I don’t think it’s going to work.

@tons_of_guns and @lukeswed I tried using your suggestion, but I didn’t see the ‘uninstall the instances’ button. When I press on the “List SmartApps” it shows me the problematic Ecobee (Connect). But it doesn’t have an uninstall button.

So, to add to your instructions, I’d like to suggest that you’ll need to press the ‘edit’ button at the top right corner first, then scroll down and you’ll see a red ‘uninstall’ beside the smart apps.

Remove them in the IDE … https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth > My Locations > List SmartApps (very bottom) > Click on Edit in the top right corner > Scroll to the bottom and uninstall the instances > Then click on DONE in the top right corner :wink:

THANK you THANK you! That did the trick! I had multiple instances of Apps, none of which showed up in the SmartApps section of the website and none of which I could get into to uninstall from the phone App. Going into my location, doing “List SmartApps” then clicking delete allowed me to click the red Uninstall next to the problematic ones! Thank you again! :smile:

Doesn’t work for me here is what I get when I try to uninstall from graph.api.DUMBthings.com :

Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/installedSmartApp/uninstall/4b6a4aee-9663-4867-a68e-b34b982f2d9d
Reference Id
8b5d8a33-4c9a-4734-8dc3-5af131c6c886
Date
Sun Jan 24 01:39:53 UTC 2016

Thank you. I always forget about stuff there.

WOW! that was it! Bad UI! Finally deleted my phantom apps

I installed the latest version on my PC for testing and now I can’t uninstall it. [:o(

I have an app that has in ‘home’ all ‘locations’ for the simulations, but I cannot remove it (error 500 on https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/app/stopSimulation). Do you have any idea about how fix it?