Can't connect to Samsung washer and dryer

You can use the link I posted above.

1 Like

Yeah,
Thanks for your response but I don’t think I need a USB stick for either as they are both already WiFi connectable.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
J

1 Like

One way to find out, on the top front of each of your appliances, there is a a small slot where the USB dongle is installed. It’s a panel that pops up from the top.

Another thing, are you using the Classic version of the SmartThings app? You should try using the non-classic version if so. There is a a wizard for adding your washer/dryer that prompts you to connect to the machines wifi directly, then set them up on your home network. After that, they should appear in the app.

I believe part of the issue is that the OP has a SmartThings account and also a Samsung account.

Thanks Jodi,
I can not find a USB slot on my devices. I do have a “Smart Control” button how ever.
I have tried using the new ST app but like I said in my original post, it tells me that it can not connect to the Samsung Account"

J

1 Like

Thanks JKP,
So what would you suggest? I do have both apps (classic and new).
My entire house runs on the Classic app at the moment. If I can not get the appliances to connect to classic app, then I am not interested in hooking them up. It is not worth the effort to functionality ratio.

Cheers
J

1 Like

Well, @jody.albritton is a ST staff member so hopefully he can refer you to the appropriate resource.

My suggestion would be to contact ST support and ask if there might be a way to migrate your ST account over to a Samsung account. Even though I am not sure there is a process to do that.

https://support.smartthings.com
Calling is generally the best method if it is available

You are the second person in the past couple of days mentioning they were still on a SmartThings account. Not sure when they will finish migrating everyone over.

I will just echo that you should contact support or email support@smartthings.com

You will need to have a Samsung Account and at least install and configure the newer appliances with the “new” app.

Thanks Jodi,
I have a Samsung account but I can’t find good instructions on how to connect the appliances to my WiFi.
I have call ST support and need to wait until Monday as they are not open on the weekends.

Cheers
J

1 Like

if you open the new app and add a device, in the list you will see a washing machine. Just follow the instructions from there. It will give you the directions for connecting the washer AP and configuring your own wireless network password.

Like I said, I get a message “can’t connect to Samsung account” and then it goes back to the beginning.

J

1 Like

Are you getting that when trying to log into the app or when trying to add a device?

Jodi,
trying to add a device

J

1 Like

1 Like

Just curious - are you on Android 10?

yep. Google Pixel 2+ on Android 10

1 Like

that’s the problem. users are reporting the new ST app is not fully compatible with Android 10.

Thank you JKP,
I tried my old iPad mini and all is connected now. I guess Samsung need to update their app to be compatible with Android 10

Cheers mate
J

1 Like