Cannot Repair A couple of ZWave Devices after converting to v3 Hub

I am almost complete with the laborious task of re-pairing all of my Zwave and Zigbee devices to my new v3 hub moving away from my original v1 hub. A couple of devices are being stubborn and won’t pair with the new v3 hub (Aeon Water Leak Sensor and Ecowave Door Sensor). I have successfully excluded them but when trying to pair them, they are never found. I can keep excluding them, so it’s almost as if they are partially joining my zWave network again. It’s not a range issue as I’ve tried this directly next to the hub and I’ve also successfully did a ZWave repair.

I’ve tried both the Classic and new Samsung app and neither works. Below are the IDE logs:

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:09:04 PM: debug No devices to add, verified devices: [:]

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:09:04 PM: debug detecting status for 86e123c5-577b-4618-bb7b-aa0251c3f4dd : true

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:09:04 PM: trace in ssdpDiscover

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:09:04 PM: debug scheduled run, numberOfRuns: 3

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:09:04 PM: trace in discovery

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:08:57 PM: debug No devices to add, verified devices: [:]

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:08:57 PM: debug detecting status for 86e123c5-577b-4618-bb7b-aa0251c3f4dd : true

627967b9-875f-43e3-9836-e1f7f56eb58d 1:08:57 PM: trace in ssdpDiscover

Could be this

Interesting. I have no way of telling what the Raw descriptions of these devices are since they aren’t paired anymore.

Try re-publishing any custom DTH you have.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to find custom DTH’s for either of these devices. It looks like the Ecolink Door/Window sensors are problematic for a lot of folks. I had a spare Smarthings Multisensor, which I am using in it’s place for now. Still need to fix the one in my shed. The ST Multisensor’s work very well in outdoor climates as I’ve had one in my mailbox for years.

Now, I just need to get the Aeotec Water Sensor fixed. Hopefully, it’s a firmware bug.

Mysteriously, the water sensor showed up as a “Thing” in the new app a couple of days ago.

The Ecolink door sensor paired properly after The firmware update yesterday.