Cannot get Enbrighten Z-wave Plus Motion Dimmer switch to dim

Hello All,

I’ve just installed a new Enbrighten Z-wave Plus Motion Dimmer switch (plus the companion add-on switch for a 3-way circuit).

I’ve loaded the GE Z-wave Motion Switch/… edge driver from @philh30 - the switch works on/off fine and I can set the time interval to turn the lights back off after they get turned on via motion sense event. But, for the life of me, I can’t get the dimmer to work at all. If I slide the dimmer from left to right, it just returns back to the left (fully lit) position and reports a network error.

And if I look at the commands on the my.smartthings.com portal, it doesn’t show brightness up/down as available commands.

Can someone tell me what I’ve done wrong, please?

TIA

Something is definitely not correct because you don’t have the platinummassive43262.jascoDefaultLevel nor switchLevel capabilities.

Also, you don’t seem to have all the configuration options such as Operation mode, Motion Sensitivity, etc.

Can you check your device fingerprint (Mfg Code/Model) in the ST Advanced Web App and post it here so we can suggest further avenues for investigation.

3 Likes

I think I figured out the problem - looking closely at the fingerprint, it seems that the device sent was not a dimmer at all - just a motion switch (even though I ordered the motion dimmer). That explains a lot!

3 Likes