Canadian SmartThings User Group

I’m glad you were able to get it to pair. I’m so sorry, but I’m not a developer. Couldn’t code my way out of a paper bag.

As I mentioned, I’m now on Hubitat, very out of touch with what drivers are available on ST today. If you have a lead on the DTH, best to follow it. However, the code between ST and Hubitat is very similar. You might also search the Hubitat forum and see if there’s something close. Hubitat has generic drivers that handle a lot of device for at least basic functionality, but they don’t publish internal code.

There is a github repo for ST though, and it has some generic drivers that you can try too. The major differences in the code can be found on the Hubitat forum. It primarily “physicalgraph” and ST driver have tile, which HE does not use because the admin UI is web based, not an app.

@SmartHomePrimer Hi Doug, thanks for your informative response. I took your advice and searched the Hubitat forum, and it definitely looks like users were able to get their Visonic MP-841 motion sensor working as per the link below:

In the thread, they mentioned that they changed the device type to “Zigbee motion” and it worked. I know ST also has a generic device option called “Zigbee Motion Detector” but it didn’t work when I selected.

Is there any chance you can maybe share the driver coding info for the “Zigbee motion” device from the Hubitat platform (I know you mentioned they don’t publish internal code but hoping there is a workaround you know - fingers crossed!)?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry. Not available. Hubitat hubs are just $90 for a local hub. No cloud dependencies for automations and most functions. Obviously things like IFTTT, Alexa, Google, etc. are still cloud dependent.

Clearly for a one-off detector, it’s less expensive for the detector, but this offers you the ability to use the detector you have, and so much more.

By the way, one of the community members also recently released some drivers for Ring devices. So with Hubitat you also have access to the Ring Z-Wave sensors, which are relatively inexpensive and pretty fast.

Sure wish Canadians could get devices in Canada, at a reasonable cost tied to teh exchange rate!

Sadly 1975 isn’t coming back anytime soon. We were at $1.08!