SmartThings Community

Canadian SmartThings User Group

If they are the AAAA batteries for the multi-sensor I think you are screwed. I had to pay 8.00 at London Drugs :frowning: When I don’t use this sensor I pull the batteries to save them.

Thanks! I’m actually trying to find the CR2450 type batteries. I think the GoControls may have the AAAA batteries, I have these too.

Have you looked at eBay? I’ve gotten some really good deals from there.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=CR2450&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Had the same issue - CR2450 in Canada are $8-12 … I ended up buying a bunch when I was on a trip to US for $3 each at Walmart.
Just be careful buying those cheap ones from Amazon - some of them don’t fit in properly into some of ST sensors, so I would check with support for the brands they recommend.

Ugh! Didn’t think of Walmart US. Crossed the border just the other day. Thanks anyway. Will keep this in mind next time.

This is worth looking at. Very cheap window/door sensors and button that seem to now be working with smartthings.

1 Like

Does anyone here sell this?

Not that I know of in Canada, but there is always AliExpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=3008&initiative_id=AS_20161213090605&SearchText=xiaomi+door+sensor

1 Like

gearbest is good too.

I really do hate the 3 month shipping…

Haha. So do I but I dont need any of this stuff asap and I like cheap so doesnt really bug me. I ordered the button about a week ago. I’ll post in here when it arrives to give an idea of how long shipping was. I ordered from here:

I have 10 motion sensors on order, should arrive in a week or 2. Probably going to order some of the door/window sensors as well. Will update once I receive them. I also managed to get a xiaomi hub to make pairing easier.

ebay, panasonic pack of 5, USD$11 shipped

Thanks. Was able to get some from the US. As an alternative, Canadacomputers seems to be selling them for 4.99 cad / piece.

Don’t buy duracell for motion sensors, only panasonic.
Panasonic CR 2 batteries are ok from CC

FYI, it looks like the Wemo light switch is back on sale at Bestbuy and Amazon for $35. I’m still thinking if I should pull the trigger.

Just incase you are curious. Google home works great in Canada. I find it’s actually better than Amazon echo.

Yep, I have 4 myself and its been pretty great. Does the services menu work for you at all?

Jelly and headspace worked for me. I don’t use VPN for Google but do have dns in my router for Amazon.

Ah, the problem for me until this morning was I didn’t even have the services menu in my app. Problem resolved after switching from English (Canada) to English (US) as the language on my phone. I still prefer spelling colour with a U :joy:.